I am making my first steps in ConTeXt. I am only interested in Mk-iv and am using version 2012.09.06 23:03. I tried to explore the possibilities of the additional module *lettrine* following its documentation (*lettrine-doc.pdf*) and prepared the following example, which reproduces almost exactly the first one found in that text: \usemodule[lettrine] \starttext \lettrine {T}{he two} typeset arguments are the dropped capital and the run-in text following it; the \TeX\ source of this paragraph started with \starttyping "\usemodule[lettrine] \starttext \lettrine{T}{he two} …" \stoptyping … \stoptext When I typeset it with ConTeXt, the result was not what the documentation showed. The initial capital was fine and so was the rest of the first line, but the second line was blank and the regular text continued at the third and following lines. This was with the default value of 2 lines as size for the capital. If one indicates a greater number of lines, all of them but the first one are blank and the regular text continues after all that whitespace. As I was not completely sure that my installation of ConTeXt was unobjectable, I tried to typeset the example in *ConTeXt online* (http://live.contextgarden.net/). There the option to use *LuaTex / Mark-iv* is not offered (!!??), so I selected the *pdfTex* alternative and then it happened that everything behaved as expected (at least in the first part of the example, as some of the following commands seem not to be understood by *pdfTex*). My conclusion is that *lettrine* does not work correctly with Mark-iv and there is somewhere a bug that has to be corrected. But I could be mistaken. Am I doing something wrongly? Thanks for your interest