* Macro to write the euro symbol
@ 2018-04-07 21:56 Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2018-04-07 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
This macro does not work anymore and I do not understand why.
Thank you

\unexpanded\def\euros#1{#1\,\symbol[EUR]}

\starttext

\euros{100}

\stoptext

* Re: Macro to write the euro symbol
@ 2018-04-08  7:09 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2018-04-08  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Fabrice,

I don't know about the \symbol[EUR], but you can use directly the € symbol as in:

\unexpanded\def\euros#1{#1\,€}
\starttext

\euros{100}

\stoptext

Best regards: OK

@ 2018-04-08  8:53   ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2018-04-08  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Otared,
Thank you for your answer even though I knew we could do like that. In fact
I wanted to understand why a macro that works very well for several years
no works.
Fabrice

@ 2018-04-08  9:50   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-04-08  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/8/2018 9:09 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Fabrice,
>
> I don't know about the \symbol[EUR], but you can use directly the €
> symbol as in:
>
> \unexpanded\def\euros#1{#1\,€}
> \starttext
>
> \euros{100}
> \stoptext
most fonts nowadays have a properly matched euro

\usesymbols[mvs] % has your EUR

\starttext

     \unexpanded\def\euros#1{#1\,€}

     \euros{100}

     \unexpanded\def\euros#1{#1\,\symbol[europe][EUR]}

     \euros{100}

\stoptext

We don't load these symbol sets by default. Soon the tex gyre fonts will
contain many more symbols which means that we will also get away from
some currently traditional symbols taken from math fonts.

Hans

* Re: Macro to write the euro symbol
@ 2018-04-09  7:25     ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2018-04-09  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)