* Text Indentation and Space Around Headers
@ 2012-03-08 17:08 Emmanuel Asante
From: Emmanuel Asante @ 2012-03-08 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

I want to indent all text in a document except the chapter header text by a
given amount. I have used the following to achieve it:
  \setupnarrower[left=3cm]

and

  \startnarrower[left]

  \stopnarrower

But I have the feeling that there has to be a better way of doing it.

Secondly, how do I control the space around headers? I would like to reduce
the big between the chapter header and the first paragraph. Any help will
be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Emmanuel

* Re: Text Indentation and Space Around Headers
@ 2012-03-08 17:37 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-08 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.03.2012 um 18:08 schrieb Emmanuel Asante:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to indent all text in a document except the chapter header text by a given amount. I have used the following to achieve it:
>   \setupnarrower[left=3cm]
>
> and
>
>   \startnarrower[left]
>
>   \stopnarrower
>
> But I have the feeling that there has to be a better way of doing it.

It’s easier to move the headings to the left.

> Secondly, how do I control the space around headers? I would like to reduce the big between the chapter header and the first paragraph. Any help will be very much appreciated.

\setuphead[chapter][after={\blank[…]}]

Wolfgang

* Re: Text Indentation and Space Around Headers
@ 2012-03-08 17:41 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-03-08 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2012-03-08 Emmanuel Asante <emmanuela.asante@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to indent all text  in a document except the chapter header
> text by a given amount.

That's a  strange way of  doing things, if I  get it right  what you
mean. If you want to have the number in the margin, you can use

\setupheads [alternative=inmargin]

or you can provide a negative indent for the heads

\setupheads [margin=-2cm]

which has the same effect as indenting everything else.

> Secondly, how do I control the space around headers?

\setuphead [chapter]
	[
		after=,              % To remove the space
		%after={\blank[1cm]},
		%after={\blank[2cm]},
	]

Marco

* Re: Text Indentation and Space Around Headers
@ 2012-03-08 17:54   ` Emmanuel Asante
From: Emmanuel Asante @ 2012-03-08 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang, it works.

@ 2012-03-08 18:06   ` Emmanuel Asante