On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Hans Hagen wrote: > On 6-7-2011 3:31, Peter Davis wrote: > >> Is there a way to get behavior like flowfram using ConTeXt? Specifically, >> I >> mean the ability to define a set of "frames" or boxes, possibly several on >> a >> page or across a series of pages, and have the text automatically flow >> from >> one box to another in a prescribed order? >> >> I'm interested in doing InDesign-like layouts, which might have multiple >> "stories", each of which can flow across multiple frames on multiple >> pages. >> Using flowfram with LaTeX comes pretty close (though only one story can >> flow >> from frame to frame), but there are conflicts with the longtable package >> and >> potentially others. I figured since one of the goals of ConTeXt (as I >> understand it) was to avoid inter-package conflicts, perhaps this would >> offer a better solution. >> > > I'm on and off working on streams which sort of do what you want, but it's > not yet good enough as it's mostly geared at parallel text. > > Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. Sounds like I should stick with flowfram for now though. Thanks! -pd -- ---- The Tech Curmudgeon http://www.techcurmudgeon.com