On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote: > > On 12/21/2014 09:01 PM, Mark Szepieniec wrote: > > Hi Pablo, > > > > thanks for your clarifications. My thinking was that I didn't want my > > table of contents page to have a page number, but I didn't realize that > > the ToC head acts as a chapter head, so you can just get rid of the page > > number in the way you suggest. > > > > So just leaving out the makeup works fine, thanks! > > Hi Mark, > > to get rid of page numbers in the table of contents, > > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Table_of_Contents#Suppressing_page_numbering_for_the_ToC_pages > may help you. > > Just in case it helps, > > Pablo > > > > > On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote: > > > > On 12/20/2014 03:13 AM, Mark Szepieniec wrote: > > > There is a trick mentioned on the wiki for top-aligning the > contents of > > > a makeup page, namely adding "top=,", which cancels the default > value of > > > \vss, which is infinitely strechable space. > > > > > > However, that doesn't seem to work when the first element in the > makeup > > > page is \completecontent: > > > > Hi Mark, > > > > this is what it happens when you start a makeup page with a \chapter > > command. \chapter inserts a page break before the heading. > > > > > [...] > > > Here, the table of contents and the section are both placed on the > > > makeup page, but they are centered vertically. If the > \completecontent > > > line is commented out, the correct vertical alignment of the > section > > > header is obtained. Is there a way to get top-alignment when a > makeup > > > page starts with \completecontent? Is this a bug? > > > > As far as I know, this isn’t a bug. > > > > You can disable the page break before chapter with: > > > > \setuphead[chapter][page=] > > > > This way it works as you intend. > > > > > Or should I even be using makeup pages in my table of contents? > > > > I wonder whether this makes sense at all. > > > > Why do you want or why do you think you need the table of contents > > wrapped in a makeup page? > > > > A makeup page is fine for contents such as title pages, colophons or > > similar ones. Their contents should fit in a single page, because the > > contents won’t be split across pages. > > > > Here you have a sample that shows why makeup pages shouldn’t be used > for > > table of contents: > > > > \starttext > > \startmakeup[standard][top=,] > > \chapter{Contents} > > \dorecurse{50}{\section{testsection}} > > \stopmakeup > > \stoptext > > > > I hope it helps, > > > > > > Pablo > Interesting, thanks!