In the publ-imp-apa.mkvi (is it already VI?) I found the key line which I would like to modify: \startsetups btx:apa:list:book \texdefinition{btx:apa:authoryear} \texdefinition{btx:apa:title-if-not-placed} ... \stopsetups This, as I understand, determines the order in which the items are listed. I need to: 1. place the year in the end 2. remove parentheses. Do I start with btx:apa:authoryear and redefine it? Do I use \texdefinition{btx:apa:suffixedyear} separately? and: in the following, where is the parenthesis? \starttexdefinition unexpanded btx:apa:suffixedyear \btxdoifelse {year} { \btxflush{year} \btxflushsuffix \btxdoif {month} { % month and day optional in publ-imp-apa.lua \btxcomma \btxflush{month} \btxdoif {day} { \btxspace \btxflush{day} } } }