On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 6:28 PM Hans Hagen via ntg-context < ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote: > On 11/22/2021 10:49 AM, musa furber via ntg-context wrote: > > I am relatively new to ConTeXt and have encountered something that does > > not work as I expected it to based on various documentation and examples. > > > > My book design requires the front matter to contain an abridged table of > > contents just for chapters, and a detailed table of contents in the back > > matter. > > > > Everything worked fine -- including the PDF bookmarks and table of > > contents -- until I started using \writetolist to manually inject > > additional sections and subsections into their respective lists. The > > manually injected entries do show up (as I expected), but their > > corresponding PDF bookmarks get repeated (not what I expected). > you can probably best use > > \startsection[title={...},list={...},bookmark={...}] > ... > \stopsection > Thank you, Hans. This pointer is exactly what I needed.