This week I updated ConTeXt minimals. Before then, I used the following code so that footnotes to Arabic passages would have parenthesis around them and use the digits used in Arabic texts in the Middle East (e.g. ٠١٢٣٤٥٦٧٨٩). \setupnote [arfootnote] [ headstyle={\switchtobodyfont[kitab]}, textcommand=\footnotenotenumbercommand, alternative=text, ] \define[1]\footnotenotenumbercommand{{\high{(\convertnumber{arabicdecimals}{#1})}}} Since the update, for the 123rd footnote, I now get `(123arabic)` instead of `(١٢٣)`. Elsewhere, I do get the expected output (i.e. `١٢٣٢`) when calling \convertnumber{arabicdecimals}{1232} I'm still relatively new to ConTeXt, so I'm unsure if what used really is correct, or if it was wrong and I now need to find the right way to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. —Musa