Hi Luigi, I have something to add to only one of your points: On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM, luigi scarso wrote: > On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Steve White > wrote: > > > > 3) The command > > mtxrun --script font --reload > > searches a bunch of directories for fonts, but not the directory > > texmf-project/fonts/ > > My work-around was just to copy the *.ttf files to > > texmf-fonts/ > > and then re-do the mtxrun line. > Hm, no, this is strange --- are you sure ? > If I remove the files from texmf-project/fonts/ > and make > mtxrun --script font --reload > I have > mtxrun --script font --list --all|grep Free > But when I copy them again in > texmf-project/fonts/ > and > mtxrun --script font --reload > then > mtxrun --script font --list --all|grep Free > then I see > > freemono freemono > FreeMono.ttf > freemonobold freemonobold > FreeMonoBold.ttf > freemonoboldoblique freemonoboldoblique > FreeMonoBoldOblique.ttf > freemononormal freemonooblique > FreeMonoOblique.ttf > freemonooblique freemonooblique > FreeMonoOblique.ttf > freesans freesans > FreeSans.ttf > freesansbold freesansbold > FreeSansBold.ttf > freesansboldoblique freesansboldoblique > FreeSansBoldOblique.ttf > freesansdemi freesansbold > FreeSansBold.ttf > freesansnormal freesansoblique > FreeSansOblique.ttf > freesansoblique freesansoblique > FreeSansOblique.ttf > freeserif freeserif > FreeSerif.ttf > freeserifbold freeserifbold > FreeSerifBold.ttf > freeserifbolditalic freeserifbolditalic > FreeSerifBoldItalic.ttf > freeserifitalic freeserifitalic > FreeSerifItalic.ttf > freeserifnormal freeserifitalic > FreeSerifItalic.ttf > > I also see > > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for otf files > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for OTF files > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for ttf files > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for TTF files > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for ttc files > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for TTC files > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for dfont files > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for DFONT files > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for afm files > fonts | names | scanning > /opt/luatex/standalone-mkiv/tex/texmf-project for AFM files > > The problem with texmf-fonts/ > is that is keep in sync with the original source, and hence the files > can be deleted. > > > I can assure you, this fonts/ directory was not in the list produced by the mtxrun command on my system. Something is different between your system and mine. This might be worth investigating. (But I won't have time for it!) Perhaps you have a file somewhere that adds this other directory. This is my best guess. It is also possible something was left over on my system from the previous distro installation. However I removed that installation with the dpkg --purge command, which should have removed all settings files. I didn't alter any configuration files myself, I only tried (unsuccessfully) to run context on some tex files. As I had only turned context on a few times, and never done any configuration, it is easy to reproduce my setup: Start with the latest Ubuntu, and install the 'context' package. Then remove it with --purge, and follow your instructions to install the recent 'context' in /opt. Cheers!