* Opening quotes problem with context.
@ 2013-07-22 15:40 john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2013-07-22 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Did a fresh install of context etc. from the context site. I used this
test file:
-------------------------------
\starttext
``Hello world.'' And ``Goodbye world.''
\stoptext
%\bye
The resulting pdf shows two left tick marks for opening quotes but the
closing quotes are proper curly quotes.

If I modify the file as follows:
-------------------------------
%\starttext
``Hello world.'' And ``Goodbye world.''
%\stoptext
\bye
and use luatex or pdftex from texlive the quotes are OK.

I got similar results from context in texlive 2012 and texlive 2013.

What is the proper code for opening quotes in context?

I use slackware linux 14, the 64 bit version.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press