Sietse wrote: >> NB: I also have some recollection of dummy text composed of hollow >> rectangles rather than solid black ones, but like you I cannot >> remember where I saw that. Maybe the document also showed kerns, in >> pretty colors? I can't remember. Wolfgang wrote: > One of these examples can be found in the TeXbook on page 65. Found it; screenshot attached. And now I remember where I saw the hollow rectangles --- it wasn't in a document, but on the GUST website. http://www.gust.org.pl/ @John: we have now found * \fakewords: uniform black slabs with a thin line underneath to suggest descenders * Code to convert letters to filled rectangles * An example of letters-to-outlined-rectangles in the TeXbook * Outlined rectangles on the GUST homepage. Was any of these the fake text you were remembering, or do you think there is still something else? This seems a nice occasion to complete the wiki's [[Dummy text]] article. (Which also mentions the ipsum module for lorem ipsum text, by the way.) http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Dummy_text Cheers, Sietse