* Minor date formatting issue
@ 2013-08-09  3:43 Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2013-08-09  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, all--

I am experimenting with the \currentdate command. I am finding that

  \currentdate [weekday,{,~},month,day+,{,~},year]

which should work according to the Wiki, produces:

  Thursday, Augustday+, 2013

This command:

  \currentdate [weekday,{,~},month,day,{,~},year]

works as expected. I also tried

  \date [][weekday,{,~},month,day+,{,~},year]

but that produced the same result as above.

I have a recent stable release of the standalone ConTeXt package from
the Garden. Is there a new way to format a date with an ordinal
indicator (-st, -nd, -rd, -th), or is that just not working at the
moment? Please advise.

--
Matt Gushee

* Re: Minor date formatting issue
@ 2013-08-09 12:58 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-08-09 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.08.2013 um 05:43 schrieb Matt Gushee <matt@gushee.net>:

> Hello, all--
>
> I am experimenting with the \currentdate command. I am finding that
>
>  \currentdate [weekday,{,~},month,day+,{,~},year]
>
> which should work according to the Wiki, produces:
>
>  Thursday, Augustday+, 2013
>
> This command:
>
>  \currentdate [weekday,{,~},month,day,{,~},year]
>
> works as expected. I also tried
>
>  \date [][weekday,{,~},month,day+,{,~},year]
>
> but that produced the same result as above.
>
> I have a recent stable release of the standalone ConTeXt package from
> the Garden. Is there a new way to format a date with an ordinal
> indicator (-st, -nd, -rd, -th), or is that just not working at the
> moment? Please advise.

It’s recommended to use “day:ord” with \currentdate but you also use “day:+”.

\starttext
\currentdate[day,space,day:ord,space,day:+]
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Minor date formatting issue
@ 2013-08-10  5:04   ` Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2013-08-10  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Wolfgang--

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I am experimenting with the \currentdate command. I am finding that
>>
>>  \currentdate [weekday,{,~},month,day+,{,~},year]
>>
>> which should work according to the Wiki, produces:
>>
>>  Thursday, Augustday+, 2013

> It’s recommended to use “day:ord” with \currentdate but you also use “day:+”.
>
> \starttext
> \currentdate[day,space,day:ord,space,day:+]
> \stoptext

Ah, yes, thank you!

Perhaps someone should update the wiki? I suppose I could get an
account and fix it myself ... if people don't mind someone as inexpert
as me messing around in there ...

--
Matt

* Re: Minor date formatting issue
@ 2013-08-10  9:16     ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2013-08-10  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Perhaps someone should update the wiki? I suppose I could get an
> account and fix it myself ... if people don't mind someone as inexpert
> as me messing around in there ...

It would be very nice if you could do that. Don’t worry about
inexpertise -- people improving the documentation of how commands work
is always welcome. (If you can't get the formatting right, you can
leave it in plain text and I'll come in later and tidy it up.)

Cheers,
Sietse