* incrementnumber vs. prefixsegments
@ 2012-11-06  2:56 plink
From: plink @ 2012-11-06  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

i'm trying to combine two features that somehow don't fit together:

1. figure numbering and referring using a chapter.fignr scheme.
For this, a setup with

\setupcaption[figure][prefix=yes,way=bychapter,prefixsegments=chapter]

works fine, as long as i don't have

2. untitled entries below chapter (aka subject or subsubject), that also
have to occur in the table of contents. For this, e.g. using

\setuphead[subject][incrementnumber=list]
\definecombinedlist[content][title,chapter,section,subject]

does the trick, but then the figure number prefix gets eaten up at
figures in subjects. I'd be glad if anybody could give me a hint on how
to solve this.

ConTeXt  ver: 2012.10.30 21:13 MKIV

Below a maximin example. Commenting out the \setuphead line gives back
the prefix, but then there is no more subject in the toc, as to be expected:

\setuphead[chapter][page=no,continue=yes]

\setupcaption[figure][
    prefix=yes,
    way=bychapter,
    prefixsegments=chapter]

\setuphead[subject][incrementnumber=list]

\definecombinedlist[content][title,chapter,section,subject]

\starttext
\placecontent

\chapter{Chapter}

\section{Section Een}

\placefigure[here][fig:a]{figure a}{\externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=1cm]}

Figure \in[fig:a] = 1.1\crlf
Figure \in[fig:b] = 1.2?\crlf
Figure \in[fig:c] = 1.3\crlf

\subject{Subject}

\placefigure[here][fig:b]{figure b}{\externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=1cm]}

Figure \in[fig:a] = 1.1\crlf
Figure \in[fig:b] = 1.2?\crlf
Figure \in[fig:c] = 1.3\crlf

\section{Section Twee}

\placefigure[here][fig:c]{figure c}{\externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=1cm]}

Figure \in[fig:a] = 1.1\crlf
Figure \in[fig:b] = 1.2?\crlf
Figure \in[fig:c] = 1.3\crlf

\stoptext

* Re: incrementnumber vs. prefixsegments
@ 2012-11-21 12:38 ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2012-11-21 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 3:56 AM, plink <plink@veribox.net> wrote:

> i'm trying to combine two features that somehow don't fit together:
> 1. figure numbering and referring using a chapter.fignr scheme.
> 2. untitled entries below chapter (aka subject or subsubject), that also
> have to occur in the table of contents.

Did you manage to sort this out yet? If not, consider this a *bump*.
I'm afraid I haven't quite managed to work it out myself.
--Sietse