* Table Numbering
@ 2012-10-18 11:59 Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2012-10-18 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have just up just upgraded from version 2012.03.30 to the latest beta. Suddenly none of my tables are named chapter.number anymore, eg. Table 1.3 for the third table in Chapter 1, but just 3. That is, the chapter number is no longer prepended. Has something changed there? How can I enable the old behaviour again?

Thank you,
Malte.

PS: The latest stable seems to still be 2011.05.18; any reason why that does not get updated?

* Re: Table Numbering
@ 2012-10-18 12:20 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-10-18 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.10.2012 um 13:59 schrieb Malte Stien <malte@stien.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I have just up just upgraded from version 2012.03.30 to the latest beta. Suddenly none of my tables are named chapter.number anymore, eg. Table 1.3 for the third table in Chapter 1, but just 3. That is, the chapter number is no longer prepended. Has something changed there? How can I enable the old behaviour again?

Add

  \setupcaption[prefix=yes]

to your document do enable the chapter prefix for a floats or add

 \setupcaption[table][prefix=yes]

to enable it only for table floats.

I’ll take a look why the prefix isn’t enabled by default which should be the case (the value is set on the core but ignored).

Wolfgang

* Re: Table Numbering
@ 2012-10-18 17:42 ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2012-10-18 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Malte, Mojca,

Malte wrote:
> PS: The latest stable seems to still be 2011.05.18; any reason why that does not get updated?

This was discussed on the mailing list a while ago; Mojca gave a
rather complete answer.
http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg65226.html

@Mojca: you wrote, about promoting the version in TeX Live 2012 to
stable/current, the following:

> I have no idea how Hans uploads current versions, but I could make a
> zip, upload it to CTAN and make it available as current in minimals.
> (If I forget to do that in less than a week, please remind me.)

I completely forgot to remind you. :-) How about sometime this week,
would that be attemptable? Then we can also update the wiki's ConTeXt
engine.

All the best,
Sietse

* Re: Table Numbering
@ 2012-10-19  6:46   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-10-19  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.10.2012 um 02:19 schrieb Malte Stien <malte@stien.de>:

> Thank you, Wolfgang. That works.

When you update to the last beta you can drop the prefix setting because it is no enabled by default for floats.

Wolfgang

* Re: Table Numbering
       [not found] <mailman.553.1350580477.2084.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-10-19  0:19 ` Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2012-10-19  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you, Wolfgang. That works.

Regards,
Malte.

On 19/10/2012, at 4:14, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have just up just upgraded from version 2012.03.30 to the latest beta. Suddenly none of my tables are named chapter.number anymore, eg. Table 1.3 for the third table in Chapter 1, but just 3. That is, the chapter number is no longer prepended. Has something changed there? How can I enable the old behaviour again?
>
> Add
>
>  \setupcaption[prefix=yes]
>
> to your document do enable the chapter prefix for a floats or add
>
> \setupcaption[table][prefix=yes]
>
> to enable it only for table floats.
>
> I?ll take a look why the prefix isn?t enabled by default which should be the case (the value is set on the core but ignored).
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: table numbering
@ 2006-07-20  9:21   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-20  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Peter M�nster wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> in the following example, the first table gets the number 1 and the second
>> table the number 0 !
>> Could someone help please?
>>

> Hans, is this perhaps related to a failed dvipos?

ah, could be the case indeed; you need a recent dvipos because the invocation changed; on the other hand, maybe i should look into using the pdftex dvi mode pos stuff (i wanted to wait with that till new versions were out); i'll have a look at that

Hans

* Re: table numbering
@ 2006-07-20  7:55 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-07-20  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
> in the following example, the first table gets the number 1 and the second
> table the number 0 !
> Could someone help please?

Hans, is this perhaps related to a failed dvipos?

Taco

* Re: table numbering
@ 2006-07-19 23:13 ` John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2006-07-19 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 13:30, Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
> in the following example, the first table gets the number 1 and the second
> table the number 0 !
> Could someone help please?
> Cheers, Peter
>
> \setupoutput[dvi]