With the latest LMTX standalone (ConTeXt ver: 2021.06.18) the Syriac text is not printed. \setupdirections[bidi=global, method=unicode] \definefontfeature [syriac] [syriac] [language=dflt, script=syrc] \definefallbackfamily[mainface][rm][Estrangelo Edessa] [range={syriac}, features=syriac] \definefontfamily[mainface][STIX Two Text] \setupbodyfont[mainface, 18pt] \starttext Syriac { ܐܝܟ ܟܝܢܐ ܕܐܐܪܣ ܡܲܥܕܢܘܬܗܘܢ ܘܡܲܥܒܿܕܝܢ ܩܪ̈ܒܐ ܘܚܣܡܐ ܠܗܠܝܢ } \stoptext The same is true if I use \def\Syr{\definedfont[name:estrangeloedessa*syriac]} and insert \Syr before the Syriac text. I have the same issue with my Arabic font fallback but not with my Greek font fallback. Alan