* \setuphead problem
@ 2012-03-01 17:37 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2012-03-01 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The following code works in MKII; but in MKIV, I get the header text on the
page *before* the page with the title. How can I fix this?

Alan

\setupheader[state=high]

\setuppagenumbering[location=,]

\setuphead[title][page=yes]

\definehead[BookTitle][title]
\setupsectionblock[BookTitle][number=no,page=yes]
 \setuphead[BookTitle][before={\noindent\textrule},style=rm]

\setuphead[BookTitle][header=high]
 \setupheadertexts[text]
[\cap{A.\ U.\ Thor}]
 [\pagenumber]
[\pagenumber]
[\em{The Journal}]

\starttext

\dorecurse{6}{\input{knuth}}
\page[makeup]

\BookTitle{{\em An Indubitably Important Book} by A.\ U.\ Thor}

\dorecurse{10}{\input{knuth}}

\page[makeup]

\stoptext

* Re: \setuphead problem
@ 2012-03-01 23:24 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-01 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.03.2012 um 18:37 schrieb Alan Bowen:

> The following code works in MKII; but in MKIV, I get the header text on the page before the page with the title. How can I fix this?

Can you show the output of mkii and mkiv because i can’t see a difference between both.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead problem
@ 2012-03-02 13:11   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2012-03-02 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang—

I checked and the example fails in both MKII andf MKIV. My apologies for
carelessness. The problem arose originally in the pagination/headers for
components in a component/product structure that I am tying to set using
MKIV. In trying to devise a simple example by adapting the code in my MKII
environment file (which runs without any problems), I was so focused on
getting the code to run in MKIV that I neglected to run that code *by itself
* through MKII.

So, the question remains: What should I include or change in this example
to keep the header associated with a given title off the preceding page in
MKIV? Or is this expected behavior and my example, then, a poor one for my
purposes?

Alan

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 01.03.2012 um 18:37 schrieb Alan Bowen:
>
> > The following code works in MKII; but in MKIV, I get the header text on
> the page before the page with the title. How can I fix this?
>
> Can you show the output of mkii and mkiv because i can’t see a difference
> between both.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead problem
@ 2012-03-02 15:30     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-02 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.03.2012 um 14:11 schrieb Alan Bowen:

> Wolfgang—
>
> I checked and the example fails in both MKII andf MKIV. My apologies for carelessness. The problem arose originally in the pagination/headers for components in a component/product structure that I am tying to set using MKIV. In trying to devise a simple example by adapting the code in my MKII environment file (which runs without any problems), I was so focused on getting the code to run in MKIV that I neglected to run that code by itself through MKII.
>
> So, the question remains: What should I include or change in this example to keep the header associated with a given title off the preceding page in MKIV? Or is this expected behavior and my example, then, a poor one for my purposes?

\setuphead[title][page={header,yes}]

or

\setuphead[title][page={blank,yes}]

surpress the header on the proceeding page.

BTW: \setupsectionblock[BookTitle][number=no,page=yes] is nonsense because “BookTitle” is not a sectionblock.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead problem
@ 2012-03-02 16:35       ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2012-03-02 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang—

In both MKII and MKIV (using the latest standalone which I installed this
morning), with

\setupheader[state=high]

\setuppagenumbering[location=,]

\setuphead[title][page={header,yes}]

\definehead[BookTitle][title]

\setuphead[BookTitle][before={\noindent\textrule},style=rm]

\setuphead[BookTitle][header=high]

\setupheadertexts[text]

[\cap{A.\ U.\ Thor}]

[\pagenumber]

[\pagenumber]

[\it{The Journal}]

\starttext

\dorecurse{6}{\input knuth}

\page[makeup]

\BookTitle{{\em An Indubitably Important Book} by A.\ U.\ Thor}

\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth}

\page[makeup]

\stoptext

the problem remains, that is, the header on the page preceding the page
with the title is not suppressed. The same is true when I have
\setuphead[title][page={blank,yes}],
except then there are no headers at all after the page with the title on
it. Does it work for you?

Alan

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 02.03.2012 um 14:11 schrieb Alan Bowen:
>
> Wolfgang—
>
> I checked and the example fails in both MKII andf MKIV. My apologies for
> carelessness. The problem arose originally in the pagination/headers for
> components in a component/product structure that I am tying to set using
> MKIV. In trying to devise a simple example by adapting the code in my MKII
> environment file (which runs without any problems), I was so focused on
> getting the code to run in MKIV that I neglected to run that code *by
> itself* through MKII.
>
> So, the question remains: What should I include or change in this example
> to keep the header associated with a given title off the preceding page in
> MKIV? Or is this expected behavior and my example, then, a poor one for my
> purposes?
>

> \setuphead[title][page={header,yes}]
>

> or
>
> \setuphead[title][page={blank,yes}]
>
> surpress the header on the proceeding page.
>
> BTW: \setupsectionblock[BookTitle][number=no,page=yes] is nonsense because
> “BookTitle” is not a sectionblock.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead problem
@ 2012-03-03  8:37         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-03  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.03.2012 um 17:35 schrieb Alan Bowen:

> Wolfgang—
>
> In both MKII and MKIV (using the latest standalone which I installed this morning), with
>

> \setupheader[state=high]
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
> \setuppagenumbering[location=,]
> \setuphead[title][page={header,yes}]
> 		\definehead[BookTitle][title]
> 		\setuphead[BookTitle][before={\noindent\textrule},style=rm]
> 		\setuphead[BookTitle][header=high]
> 		\setupheadertexts[text]
> 		[\cap{A.\ U.\ Thor}]
> 		[\pagenumber]
> 		[\pagenumber]
> 		[\it{The Journal}]
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{6}{\input knuth}
> \page[makeup]
> \BookTitle{{\em An Indubitably Important Book} by A.\ U.\ Thor}
> \dorecurse{10}{\input knuth}
> \page[makeup]
> \stoptext
>
> the problem remains, that is, the header on the page preceding the page with the title is not suppressed. The same is true when I have \setuphead[title][page={blank,yes}], except then there are no headers at all after the page with the title on it. Does it work for you?

Remove \page[makeup] before \BookTitle and the header disappears.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead problem
@ 2012-03-03 13:43           ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2012-03-03 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Excellent, Wolfgang. You are right. Many thanks. But if I may impose just a
little longer on your patience, let me explain my problem further.

In my example, that \page[makeup] to be removed stood for a key element in
the sequence
\page[makeup]
\stoptext
\stopcomponent
that typically closes a component in the prd file that I use to produce
volumes of a journal.

Without \page[makeup], when I run my prd file, the page number of a
component is appears on the last page of the preceding component. If I keep
the \page[makeup], each component is followed by a blank page (with header)
that precedes the title page of the new component.

In short my example replicated what I was seeing but fixing the example
does not fix the original problem. Is there a canonical way to close
components in MKIV that I have missed? (This env/prd setup *does* work in
MKII—I have 8 volumes to show for it.)

All best, Alan

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 02.03.2012 um 17:35 schrieb Alan Bowen:
>
> Wolfgang—
>
> In both MKII and MKIV (using the latest standalone which I installed this
> morning), with
>

> \setupheader[state=high]
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
> \setuppagenumbering[location=,]
> \setuphead[title][page={header,yes}]
>  \definehead[BookTitle][title]
> \setuphead[BookTitle][before={\noindent\textrule},style=rm]
> \setuphead[BookTitle][header=high]
>  \setupheadertexts[text]
> [\cap{A.\ U.\ Thor}]
> [\pagenumber]
>  [\pagenumber]
> [\it{The Journal}]
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{6}{\input knuth}
> \page[makeup]
> \BookTitle{{\em An Indubitably Important Book} by A.\ U.\ Thor}
> \dorecurse{10}{\input knuth}
> \page[makeup]
> \stoptext
>
> the problem remains, that is, the header on the page preceding the page
> with the title is not suppressed. The same is true when I have \setuphead[title][page={blank,yes}],
> except then there are no headers at all after the page with the title on
> it. Does it work for you?
>

> Remove \page[makeup] before \BookTitle and the header disappears.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead problem
@ 2012-03-03 14:58             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-03 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.03.2012 um 14:43 schrieb Alan Bowen:

> Excellent, Wolfgang. You are right. Many thanks. But if I may impose just a little longer on your patience, let me explain my problem further.
>
> In my example, that \page[makeup] to be removed stood for a key element in the sequence
> \page[makeup]
> \stoptext
> \stopcomponent
> that typically closes a component in the prd file that I use to produce volumes of a journal.

Why do you use \stoptext before \stopcomponent?

> Without \page[makeup], when I run my prd file, the page number of a component is appears on the last page of the preceding component. If I keep the \page[makeup], each component is followed by a blank page (with header) that precedes the title page of the new component.
>
> In short my example replicated what I was seeing but fixing the example does not fix the original problem. Is there a canonical way to close components in MKIV that I have missed? (This env/prd setup does work in MKII—I have 8 volumes to show for it.)

Can you make a example or send me the files offlist.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead problem
@ 2012-03-03 17:53               ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2012-03-03 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)