* math font problem
@ 2017-08-09 22:16 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2017-08-09 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

The aim is to get as much math using the Brill font as I can.

I currently have:

\definefontfamily[mainface][serif][Brill] %[TeX Gyre Termes]
[protrusion=quality,
expansion=quality,
mode=node,
force=yes,
]

\definefallbackfamily[mainface][mm][TeX Gyre Pagella]
[preset=math:digitsnormal,features=f:oldstyle,scale=0.94]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [Brill]
[preset=math:lowercasegreeknormal]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [Brill]
[preset=math:lowercasegreekitalic]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [Brill]
[preset=math:uppercasegreeknormal]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [Brill]
[preset=math:uppercasegreekitalic]

\definefontfamily[mainface][mm][TeX Gyre Termes Math][scale=0.94]
\setupmathematics[ucgreek=normal,lcgreek=italic]

\setupbodyfont[mainface,10pt]

\starttext

0123456789

math: \m{0123456789}

δ\quad\emph{δ}

math: \m{\delta} \m{δ}\quad should be slanted

π\quad\emph{π}

math: \m{\pi} \m{π}\quad should be upright but slanted will do

Π\quad\emph{ Π}

math: \m{\Pi} \m{ Π}\quad should be upright

\m{2+2=4}

\startformula
\sin{α}={{ΑΒ}\over{AC}}=\sin{\alpha}
\stopformula

\stoptext

Two problems:

1. I am not getting slanted lowercase Greek in mathmode.

2. I should like to have all the math lettering in the Brill font. But
simply setting the Brill font as my math mainface runs into more problems—I
still do not get lowercase Greek and it not only messes up 2+2 =4 , it also
reports the error—Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not
set—when it comes to the display math.

My efforts to figure this out have not been successful thus far, so any
suggestions will be most welcome.

Alan

* Re: math font problem
@ 2017-08-10  8:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-08-10  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/10/2017 12:16 AM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> 2. I should like to have all the math lettering in the Brill font. But
> simply setting the Brill font as my math mainface runs into more
> problems—I still do not get lowercase Greek and it not only messes up
> 2+2 =4 , it also reports the error—Math error: parameter
> \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set—when it comes to the display math.
> My efforts to figure this out have not been successful thus far, so any
> suggestions will be most welcome.
you really have to start with a math font because such a font has more
properties than just a few alphabetic characters

then you can overload characters but you need to use the proper code
points for them (unicode ranges with sometimes holes)

Hans

* Re: math font problem
@ 2017-08-10  8:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-08-10  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/10/2017 12:16 AM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> 1. I am not getting slanted lowercase Greek in mathmode.

because the regular brill is not italic, so  ...

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [Brill]
[preset=math:lowercasegreeknormal]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [BrillItalic]

@ 2017-08-10 13:38   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2017-08-10 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)