* ConTeXt not finding fonts in OSFONTDIR
@ 2017-04-01 21:17 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2017-04-01 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

ConTeXT does not seem to be finding the fonts that I have in my OSFONTDIR,
which is set in my .bash_profile by the line
export OSFONTDIR=./Users/bowen1/Library/Fonts/

I have  clean-installed the latest beta (ConTeXt  ver: 2017.03.26 16:15
MKIV beta)

The file processes but substitutes fonts for what I want:

mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 10 files: latinmodern-math.otf,
lmroman10-bold.otf, lmroman10-bolditalic.otf, lmroman10-italic.otf,
lmroman10-regular.otf, lmroman12-regular.otf, lmromancaps10-regular.otf,
texgyretermes-math.otf, texgyrecursor-regular.otf,
texgyrepagella-regular.otf

Files worked until yesterday (with the latest beta). But then I began
experimenting with a Hieroglyphic font…..

I am running MacOS 10.12.4 (if that is relevant).

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Alan

* Re: ConTeXt not finding fonts in OSFONTDIR
@ 2017-04-01 21:49 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-04-01 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/01/2017 11:17 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> ConTeXT does not seem to be finding the fonts that I have in my
> OSFONTDIR, which is set in my .bash_profile by the line
> export OSFONTDIR=./Users/bowen1/Library/Fonts/

Alan,

I see two issues with your font directory.

1. The initial point in the path sets a relative path.

   I guess you have to remove it to have an absolute path.

2. How about adding the path at the end of tex/setuptex?

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: ConTeXt not finding fonts in OSFONTDIR
@ 2017-04-01 22:37   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2017-04-01 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Pablo:

I have revised the line in my bash profile to read
export OSFONTDIR=/Users/bowen1/Library/Fonts/
and the problem persists—assuming that I have the absolute path correct.

As for adding the path at the end of tex/setuptex,  I do not know how to do
this. I see in setuptex.csh that this is a TODO.

Alan

@ 2017-04-01 23:29     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-04-01 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/02/2017 12:37 AM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> Thanks, Pablo:
>
> I have revised the line in my bash profile to read
> export OSFONTDIR=/Users/bowen1/Library/Fonts/
> and the problem persists—assuming that I have the absolute path correct.

Sorry, add another slash to to the final slash and put inside quotes,
such as in:

    export OSFONTDIR="/Users/bowen1/Library/Fonts//"

> As for adding the path at the end of tex/setuptex,  I do not know how to
> do this. I see in setuptex.csh that this is a TODO.

Open tex/setuptext, go to the end of the file, hit Enter twice and copy
the line above.

Now it comes the unorthodox part: remove tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/.

Run "source tex/setuptex" and "mtxrunjit --generate".

After that, compuile the ConTeXt source file you want.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: ConTeXt not finding fonts in OSFONTDIR
@ 2017-04-02 13:38       ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2017-04-02 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, Pablo! The font files have been discovered and the source files
now process as they should. You are a lifesaver—this book may still see the
light of day!

Alan

@ 2017-04-02 16:47         ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-04-02 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/02/2017 03:38 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> Thank you, Pablo! The font files have been discovered and the source
> files now process as they should. You are a lifesaver—this book may
> still see the light of day!

Glad to read it helped, Alan.

May we know which book you are working on?

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: ConTeXt not finding fonts in OSFONTDIR
@ 2017-04-02 18:21           ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2017-04-02 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)