* Greek diacriticals (combining perispomenon displaced)
@ 2016-01-18 20:30 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2016-01-18 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

​There is an oddity in processing Greek. The combining diacritical
perispomenon is not positioned properly, though it appears as it should in
the source file. This diacritical is placed properly if one inserts the
appropriate character directly.

The PDF file produced by this sample shows the problem as it appears using
two different Greek fonts. The first entries in each line are incorrect.

\definefontfamily[mainface][serif][IFAO Grec Unicode]
\setupbodyfont[mainface, 24pt]

\definefont[HellenicaCU][file:HellenicaCU.ttf at 24pt]

\starttext
αῖ %combining diacritical
αῖ %char 1FD6

\HellenicaCU{
αῖ %combining diacritical
αῖ %char 1FD6
}
\stoptext

As I review my files, I see that this is a fairly recent problem, though I
cannot say exactly when it first occurred.

The other combining diacriticals process as they should.

Alan

[-- Attachment #2: test.pdf --]

* Re: Greek diacriticals (combining perispomenon displaced)
@ 2016-01-18 21:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-01-18 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/18/2016 9:30 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> ​There is an oddity in processing Greek. The combining diacritical
> perispomenon is not positioned properly, though it appears as it should
> in the source file. This diacritical is placed properly if one inserts
> the appropriate character directly.
>
> The PDF file produced by this sample shows the problem as it appears
> using two different Greek fonts. The first entries in each line are
> incorrect.
>
> \definefontfamily[mainface][serif][IFAO Grec Unicode]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface, 24pt]
>
> \definefont[HellenicaCU][file:HellenicaCU.ttf at 24pt]
>
> \starttext
> αῖ%combining diacritical
> αῖ%char 1FD6
>
> \HellenicaCU{
> αῖ%combining diacritical
> αῖ%char 1FD6
> }
> \stoptext
>
> As I review my files, I see that this is a fairly recent problem, though
> I cannot say exactly when it first occurred.

looks ok here ... assuming i have the right font

you can try to wipe the font cache (otf and otl)

* Re: Greek diacriticals (combining perispomenon displaced)
@ 2016-01-18 21:55   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2016-01-18 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/18/2016 10:33 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> As I review my files, I see that this is a fairly recent problem, though
>> I cannot say exactly when it first occurred.
>
> looks ok here ... assuming i have the right font
>
> you can try to wipe the font cache (otf and otl)

I can't test with HellenicaCU as I don't have the font, but I can
confirm that output is good here with the IFAOGrec font, the combining
circumflex is where it belongs. (most recent beta)

Thomas

* Re: Greek diacriticals (combining perispomenon displaced)
@ 2016-01-20 13:58     ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2016-01-20 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)