* problem with page number on last page
@ 2016-02-28 19:27 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2016-02-28 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

To prevent empty pages in a double-sided page environment, I have been using
\setuppagenumbering[page=].

This does not work as it should, however, when there is no body text but
only a continuing footnote on the last page. Then, though there are still
no empty pages, the pagenumber on the last page is the same as that on the
preceding page.

Consider
\setuppagenumbering[page=]

\starttext
\dorecurse{3}{\input knuth}\footnote{\dorecurse{3}{\input knuth}}
%\input knuth
\stoptext

with and without the line currently commented out.

Alan

* Re: problem with page number on last page
@ 2016-02-28 21:01 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-02-28 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Alan Bowen <mailto:bowenalan03@gmail.com>
> 28. Februar 2016 um 20:27
> To prevent empty pages in a double-sided page environment, I have been
> using
> \setuppagenumbering[page=].
>
> This does not work as it should, however, when there is no body text
> but only a continuing footnote on the last page. Then, though there
> are still no empty pages, the pagenumber on the last page is the same
> as that on the preceding page.
>
> Consider
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
> \setuppagenumbering[page=]
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{3}{\input knuth}\footnote{\dorecurse{3}{\input knuth}}
> %\input knuth
> \stoptext
>
> with and without the line currently commented out.
You can add the following lines at the begin of your document.

\appendtoks
   \noheaderandfooterlines
\to \everystoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: problem with page number on last page
@ 2016-02-29 14:37   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2016-02-29 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Wolfgang. This does solve the problem but is not so good for a
chapter in a book, where headers with pagenumbers are the norm. So, is
there a solution that prints the correct page number?

Alan

@ 2016-02-29 15:25     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-02-29 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Alan Bowen <mailto:bowenalan03@gmail.com>
> 29. Februar 2016 um 15:37
> Thanks, Wolfgang. This does solve the problem but is not so good for a
> chapter in a book, where headers with pagenumbers are the norm. So, is
> there a solution that prints the correct page number?
You can use

\setuppagenumbering[page={yes,right}]

Wolfgang

* Re: problem with page number on last page
@ 2016-02-29 22:38       ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2016-02-29 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)