Andreas, Thank you for the reply. I'm afraid that I don't know how to manually manipulate the PDF Catalog. I was able to successfully build the code on this page http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2008/036947.html but I had to add \placebookmarks[chapter,section][chapter][force=yes] and although I have Evince's "Index" visible, all of the PageLabels are "1" and when I click on the entry it doesn't change to the correct page. I do get an error from Evince that says "failed to look up aut:3" or another number. I'm not sure what my options are. Troy