* MdSymbol as Math Font
@ 2013-01-18 15:32 Troy Henderson
From: Troy Henderson @ 2013-01-18 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to use the OTF versions of MdSymbol located at

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/mdsymbol/otf

as my math font.  I have dropped the 3 OTF files into my user's font
directory and run

> mtxrun --script fonts --reload

Also, I get the following output after executing the list command.

> mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=MdSymbol*

mdsymbol           mdsymbolbold       MdSymbol-Bold.otf
mdsymbolbold       mdsymbolbold       MdSymbol-Bold.otf
mdsymbollight      mdsymbollight      MdSymbol-Light.otf
mdsymbolnormal     mdsymbolregular    MdSymbol-Regular.otf
mdsymbolregular    mdsymbolregular    MdSymbol-Regular.otf
mdsymbolsemibold   mdsymbolsemibold   MdSymbol-Semibold.otf

So it seems that ConTeXt is finding my fonts; however, when I set

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmathfont[MdSymbol]

in my ConTeXt document and run `context foo.tex`, I get

resolvers       > modules > loaded: 'simplefonts'
(/usr/local/texlive/current/texmf-dist/tex/context/third/simplefonts/t-simplefonts.tex
<+
/usr/local/texlive/current/texmf-dist/tex/context/third/simplefonts/t-simplefonts.lua>)
fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'loc'
{/usr/local/texlive/current/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map}{/usr/local/texlive/current/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-rm.map}{/usr/local/texlive/current/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/context/mkiv-base.map}
fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'mdsymbol'
backend         > xmp > using file
'/usr/local/texlive/current/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/lpdf-pdx.xml'
pages           > flushing realpage 1, userpage 1
 )</usr/local/texlive/current/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmath-regular.otf></usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/otf/myriadpro/MyriadPro-Regular.otf>

The trouble seems to be the line

fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'mdsymbol'

which I guess is keeping the MdSymbol OTFs from being loaded, but I have no
idea how to fix this.  I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks,

Troy Henderson

* Re: MdSymbol as Math Font
@ 2013-01-18 15:33 ` Troy Henderson
From: Troy Henderson @ 2013-01-18 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have dropped the 3 OTF files into my user's font directory

Apologies, there are 4 OTF files.

Troy

* Re: MdSymbol as Math Font
@ 2013-01-18 17:01   ` Troy Henderson