* Resetting Page Numbers
@ 2012-12-10 16:11 Troy Henderson
From: Troy Henderson @ 2012-12-10 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to reset the page number counter after the first (title)
page.  Currently, I have

\setupfooter[state=empty]
\setuppagenumbering[location={footer,middle}]
\setupfootertexts[Page \currentpage\ of \lastpage]
\starttext
    This is my title page
    \page
    \resetnumber[page]
    This is page 1.
    \page
    This is page 2.
\stoptext

but the second page footer renders as "Page 2 of 3" and the third page
footer renders as "Page 3 of 3".  I would like the second page footer to
render "Page 1 of 2" and the third page footer to render "Page 2 of 2".
That is, I would like the first (title) page to not be used in the
computation of \currentpage or \lastpage.

Troy Henderson

* Re: Resetting Page Numbers
@ 2012-12-10 16:23 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-12-10 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.12.2012 um 17:11 schrieb Troy Henderson <thenders@gmail.com>:

> I would like to reset the page number counter after the first (title) page.  Currently, I have
>
> \setupfooter[state=empty]
> \setuppagenumbering[location={footer,middle}]
> \setupfootertexts[Page \currentpage\ of \lastpage]
> \starttext
>     This is my title page
>     \page
>     \resetnumber[page]
>     This is page 1.
>     \page
>     This is page 2.
> \stoptext
>
> but the second page footer renders as "Page 2 of 3" and the third page footer renders as "Page 3 of 3".  I would like the second page footer to render "Page 1 of 2" and the third page footer to render "Page 2 of 2".  That is, I would like the first (title) page to not be used in the computation of \currentpage or \lastpage.

The name of the counter is “userpage” and you have to use \pagenumber and \lastpagenumber to show the correct values.

\setupfooter[state=empty]
\setuppagenumbering[location={footer,middle}]
\setupfootertexts[Page \pagenumber\ of \lastpagenumber]

\starttext
    This is my title page
    \page
    \resetcounter[userpage]
    This is page 1.
    \page
    This is page 2.
\stoptext

A better solution is to use the “standardmakeup” environment for the title page because it doesn’t increase the page counter and leaves the header and footer empty.

\setuppagenumbering[location={footer,middle}]
\setupfootertexts[Page \pagenumber\ of \lastpagenumber]

\starttext

\startstandardmakeup
This is my title page
\stopstandardmakeup