I like to install ConTeXt on a Windows (XP) machine (so I can make an installation manual). I use: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Installation_and_use_on_Windows The preferable setup would be with the GUI. But when I do this. I get: update failed Error code: 1 and Make failed Error code: 1 What is happening here? I also tried (in c:\context): first-setup.bat --context=current This looks okay, but when running context I get: mtxrun | forcing cache reload resolvers | resolving | unknown configuration file 'c:/contextminimal/texm f-local/web2c/texmfcnf.lua' resolvers | resolving | unknown configuration file 'c:/contextminimal/texm f-context/web2c/texmfcnf.lua' resolvers | resolving | unknown configuration file 'c:/contextminimal/texm f/web2c/texmfcnf.lua' resolvers | resolving | resolvers | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found resolvers | resolving | locating list of 'c:/contextminimal/texmf' (runtim e) resolvers | methods | resolver: method=locators, how=uri, scheme=file, arg ument=c:/contextminimal/texmf resolvers | files | file locator 'c:/contextminimal/texmf' not found resolvers | resolving | locating list of 'c:/contextminimal/texmf-local' ( runtime) resolvers | methods | resolver: method=locators, how=uri, scheme=file, arg ument=c:/contextminimal/texmf-local resolvers | files | file locator 'c:/contextminimal/texmf-local' not found resolvers | resolving | locating list of 'c:/contextminimal/texmf-context' (runtime) resolvers | methods | resolver: method=locators, how=uri, scheme=file, arg ument=c:/contextminimal/texmf-context resolvers | files | file locator 'c:/contextminimal/texmf-context' not fou nd resolvers | resolving | locating list of 'c:/contextminimal/texmf-mswin' ( runtime) resolvers | methods | resolver: method=locators, how=uri, scheme=file, arg ument=c:/contextminimal/texmf-mswin resolvers | files | file locator 'c:/contextminimal/texmf-mswin' not found resolvers | resolving | resolvers | resolving | mtxrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua' resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua' resolvers | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-context.lua' resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua' mtxrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua' So it looks like the script first-setup.bat needs some finetuning. The script context expects a file: c:/contextminimal/texmf-local/web2c/texmfcnf.lua' there is a directory: C:\context\tex\texmf-local but this directory is empty. Is the script wrong, or am I doing something wrong? Under Linux I did not have a problem. -- Cecil Westerhof