2011/7/14 John Haltiwanger > This would be a funciton of typesetting. The table of contents is indexed > to the document as it is typeset, not dynamically throughout its existence. > If you were to delete all the pages except for the table of contents, it > would still refer to all the same pages. > > If this is a necessary part of your workflow, then it sounds like a WYSIWYG > tool like Scribus or InDesign is more appropriate (unfortunately). > >> >> The problem is that my document already is finished. First I could just >> deliver a PDF file. Now they want to edit it themselves. Or can I generate >> from my tex file something that has the meta information and can be edited >> in Scribus? >> >> > Nope. As Mojca mentioned, PDF does not account for this kind of thing. I > mentioned those tools as a basis for constructing an entire document from > scratch. They have automatic page referencing similar to Context, but not in > a post-hoc fashion. > > If they are only copy editing, I think you would be best served by > exporting to xhtml. I generally write all my documents in Markdown and > convert using Pandoc, so I'm not familiar with Context's xhtml capacities. > > If they are doing layout.. Ouch. > I typesetted my document yes. The client has to receive a deliverable this weekend, so my stress hormones will be high the coming days. I have to count my options and select the best. (Or least bad.) Everyone thanks. And next time I want more information when starting writing documentation. -- Cecil Westerhof