2011/7/14 John Haltiwanger > I installed them. (When you know what to do, it is not hard.) Now I can > change the document. The only problem is that when deleting a page, or > adding a page, etc., the index and the page numbering does not change. But > that could be that I do not understand Adobe. Five minutes is hardly enough > to learn to work with it. > >> >> > This would be a funciton of typesetting. The table of contents is indexed > to the document as it is typeset, not dynamically throughout its existence. > If you were to delete all the pages except for the table of contents, it > would still refer to all the same pages. > > If this is a necessary part of your workflow, then it sounds like a WYSIWYG > tool like Scribus or InDesign is more appropriate (unfortunately). > The problem is that my document already is finished. First I could just deliver a PDF file. Now they want to edit it themselves. Or can I generate from my tex file something that has the meta information and can be edited in Scribus? -- Cecil Westerhof