2011/8/18 Alasdair McAndrew > My laptop running ubuntu died this evening, so as an interim measure I'm > trying to install ConTeXt on a windows machine, using the GUI "ConTeXt > minimals" installer. However, after only a few seconds of running, I get > two popup errors: "Update Failed: error code: 1", "Make Failed: error code: > 1", after which the installation exits. Does anybody know what's going on > here, and how I can get it working? > I just made this work for a client. The parts of the manual that are interesting I have attached. This installation takes the assumption you are going to work with MKIV. If you also want to work with MKII you have to install Ruby. If you do not want to work with TeXworks, you can skip the second part. :-D -- Cecil Westerhof