So, it is interesting and more complicated. The exact part: \setupbackend [format=PDF/X-1a:2001, intent=Coated FOGRA39 (ISO 12647-2:2004), option=always,% for a much bigger document :-) ] … seems to work on my Debian standalone ConTeXt installation (ok, I will test it again but it objected nothing (about ICC not embedded) in yesteday in Acrobat's preflight) but on my Win XP standalone one it doesn't work. I have the profiles in the same directories, of course. On Win it can't eat the comma, on Debian it can. Although the advice: \definecolor[cmykblack][k=1] \setupcolors[rgb=no,cmyk=yes,intent=overprint,textcolor=cmykblack] … seems very logical, it doesn't work, preflight still sees the text like a greyscale. Thanks, Honza