From: luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>
To: lecotegougdelaforce@free.fr,
Subject: Re: [fonts] Why does ConTeXt keep telling me "source file is not found" ?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 11:22:33 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Goulven Guillard <
lecotegougdelaforce@free.fr> wrote:

> Le 28/10/2015 09:43, luigi scarso a écrit :
>
>> hm, strange. In Ubuntu 14.04:
>>

> FWIW, I'm using Fedora 20.
>

> what does
>> ls  /usr/share/fonts/liberation/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf
>> say ?
>>

> $ ls -l /usr/share/fonts/liberation/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf
> -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 139632 28 août   2013
> /usr/share/fonts/liberation/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf

ok

> Actually it seems the issue is with kpsepath not searching fonts files
> recursively.  I tried to set OSFONTDIR="/usr/share/fonts//" (with two
> trailing slashes — I even tried more…) but it didn't help, though kpsewhich
> --var-value=OSFONTDIR gives the expected path.
>
> I've ended linking all fonts directly in $HOME/.fonts/, but of course a
> cleaner solution would still be welcome.

hm mkiv doesn't use  kpsepath.

Assuming that you are in yor context tree
(/opt/contex, if I read correctly)
make a symlink of /usr/share/fonts/liberation
under tex/texmf-local
so that
tex/texmf-local/liberation
has the ttf fonts.

Then, to be sure,
$ mtxrun --generate

compile this file  test.tex

\usetypescript[liberation]
\setupbodyfont[liberation,12pt]
\starttext
Test text
\stoptext

$ context test.tex

and check  it with
$ pdffonts test.pdf
name                                 type              encoding         emb
sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- ---------------- ---
--- --- ---------
CJLCWM+LiberationSerif               CID TrueType      Identity-H       yes
yes yes     16  0

Again
$ mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=Liberation

liberationmono                   liberationmono
LiberationMono-Regular.ttf
liberationmonobold               liberationmonobold
LiberationMono-Bold.ttf
liberationmonobolditalic         liberationmonobolditalic
LiberationMono-BoldItalic.ttf
liberationmonoitalic             liberationmonoitalic
LiberationMono-Italic.ttf
liberationmononormal             liberationmonoitalic
LiberationMono-Italic.ttf
liberationmonoregular            liberationmono
LiberationMono-Regular.ttf
liberationsans                   liberationsans
LiberationSans-Regular.ttf
liberationsansbold               liberationsansbold
LiberationSans-Bold.ttf
liberationsansbolditalic         liberationsansbolditalic
LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf
liberationsansitalic             liberationsansitalic
LiberationSans-Italic.ttf
liberationsansnarrow             liberationsansnarrow
LiberationSansNarrow-Regular.ttf
liberationsansnarrowbold         liberationsansnarrowbold
LiberationSansNarrow-Bold.ttf
liberationsansnarrowbolditalic   liberationsansnarrowbolditalic
LiberationSansNarrow-BoldItalic.ttf
liberationsansnarrowitalic       liberationsansnarrowitalic
LiberationSansNarrow-Italic.ttf
liberationsansnarrownormal       liberationsansnarrowitalic
LiberationSansNarrow-Italic.ttf
liberationsansnarrowregular      liberationsansnarrow
LiberationSansNarrow-Regular.ttf
liberationsansnormal             liberationsansitalic
LiberationSans-Italic.ttf
liberationsansregular            liberationsans
LiberationSans-Regular.ttf
liberationserif                  liberationserif
 LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf
liberationserifbold              liberationserifbold
 LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf
liberationserifbolditalic        liberationserifbolditalic
 LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf
liberationserifitalic            liberationserifitalic
 LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf
liberationserifnormal            liberationserifitalic
 LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf
liberationserifregular           liberationserif
 LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf

In tex/context/base
there are several typescript files
type-imp*mkiv
you can have a look at them.

This is my way to use system font: just copy them into context.
A symlink or a true copy both have pros & cons, but I tend to prefer true
copy
(really, I try to avoid system fonts at all).

--
luigi