On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM, wrote: > Yes I saw the Windows version of Context mentioned and read it, but the > documentation is, > in this case, wrong or not fully correct. This is because I am now using > Context which comes is included in the TexLive distribution, selected with > Unix like operating systems. No bat files or other ancillary code or > invokations are necessary. > > Texlive's Context program would probably not run directly on Microsoft > Windows O.S. > hm, my experience is the opposite: texlive context runs on Windows, but I don't use it because the standalone also works under Windows. (I use the texlive for all the rest, btw). I believe that the documentation can be expanded to cover using a Context > on Cygwin directly and not the Microsoft port which requires the usage of > strange Microsoft pathnames, with C:\ and \ seperators. > > Using context on cygwin for cygwin may only have been done in TexLive for > Unix like systems, but I'd like to use and test on the bleeding edge MKIV. > But, that proves that it can be done. I just don't know what was done. > > In this case I think it's better to use the standalone directly on Windows. -- luigi