* Constraint in line numbers
@ 2011-12-21 17:19 Fulvio
From: Fulvio @ 2011-12-21 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, this is my first message in this ml ;)

Well, I've a stupid constraint in a work: I must limit the number of
lines in a page. I have to have 32-35 lines on each page.

Now, the task isn't too complex in principle, I can work on interline
sizes and glues, but this way is a little bit tricky.
I wonder if there is a better (and elegant) way to manage the problem.

Thanks
	Fulvio

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Constraint in line numbers
@ 2011-12-22  7:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-12-22  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.12.2011 um 18:19 schrieb Fulvio:

> Hi, this is my first message in this ml ;)
>
> Well, I've a stupid constraint in a work: I must limit the number of
> lines in a page. I have to have 32-35 lines on each page.
>
> Now, the task isn't too complex in principle, I can work on interline
> sizes and glues, but this way is a little bit tricky.
> I wonder if there is a better (and elegant) way to manage the problem.

You can the number of lines on a page with the \setuplayout command.

\setuplayout[lines=20]
\starttext
\dorecurse{100}{Line \recurselevel\par}
\stoptext

Wolfang

* Re: Constraint in line numbers
@ 2011-12-22  8:32   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-12-22  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 21.12.2011 um 18:19 schrieb Fulvio:
>
>> Hi, this is my first message in this ml ;)
>>
>> Well, I've a stupid constraint in a work: I must limit the number of
>> lines in a page. I have to have 32-35 lines on each page.
>>
>> Now, the task isn't too complex in principle, I can work on interline
>> sizes and glues, but this way is a little bit tricky.
>> I wonder if there is a better (and elegant) way to manage the problem.
>
> You can the number of lines on a page with the \setuplayout command.
>
> \setuplayout[lines=20]
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{100}{Line \recurselevel\par}
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfang
Of course there is a static  idea of "line" that depends on the current font
and a dynamic idea of row that depends on the current document: here
is an exaggerated example

\setuplayout[lines=20]
\newdimen\T \T=1.5mm
\starttext
\dorecurse{40}{\ruledvbox{Line \recurselevel}\par}
\dorecurse{100}{\ruledvbox{Line \recurselevel\vrule width1pt height
\recurselevel\T depth \recurselevel\T}\par}
\stoptext

--
luigi

* Re: Constraint in line numbers