On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Bill Meahan wrote: > Do recent versions of MKIV (specifically, the one in TeXLive 2012) support > SVG graphics directly or is it still necessary to convert to PDF as in the > wiki example? > > I've created a couple of items in Inkscape and can save them to PDF > directly without the "automatic" background conversion but native SVG > support would be better if it exists. > > No, mkiv still uses inkscape. Some time ago I've seen rsvg I've also tried a kind of native support with a lua binding for librsvg, but the rsvg converter is not good as the inkscape program. -- luigi