On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 at 11:45, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote: > Hi, > > Probably some on this list already checked how well chatgpt answers > questions about domains one knows well and then probably noted that in > spite of impressive wording, one can run into quite incorrect answers. > > One can get really stupid responses about tex and friends, but also can > get impressive exmapled when asked for. (I'm still planning a wrap up of > some.) > > That said, one should read: > > https://cs.stanford.edu/~knuth/chatGPT20.txt > > and this makes a pretty nice new sample file: > > It's amazing how the confident tone lends credibility to all of that > made-up nonsense. Almost impossible for anybody without knowledge > of the book to believe that those "facts" aren't authorititative > and well researched. > you can happily include the email that I have sent to you that declares that *you* are the author of MFlua and *I* have nothing to do with it (chatgpt3: as far as I know, the overall number of users+developers of MFLua in the entire solar system is exactly 1 -- me -- at least from 10 years) . For a moment I was even convinced that it was true. On the other hand, I am pretty sure that it will be able to generate perfect lualatex files for articles, reports, and later books. How and when it's more a matter of interest rather than capabilities. -- luigi