On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Chris Lott wrote: > On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Chris Lott wrote: > > I'm working my way through the ConTeXt manual/reference. I discovered > > the draft of a new manual at: > > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/manual_being_revised -- is this the > > latest available anywhere? I'm finding a lot of things that are out of > > date in the new draft (for instance, using \setupnote[footnote] > > instead of \setupfootnotes) which generally means doing it wrong, > > searching google and the wiki for information, and finding out that > > things have changed :) Is this the best way? > > A clarification because a backchannel note made me suspect this > question might be taken the wrong way: it isn't intended to imply a > criticism... I'm just making sure I'm using the most recent resources! > there are the books at http://www.h2o-books.com/catalog/5 but in the end the most recent resources are (in this order) the mailing list, the wiki, the pdfs on specific arguments (as that one for xtable) and the book. Mkiv is still changing, and sometime things stop working (mkiv is not frozen as mkii, so it's better to keep around the last working beta), but my ten year experience says that the user interface doesn't vary so much (at least I've not found revolutions on this side); if you are programming at the macro level the ultimate reference is the source, which is quite readable --- well, much more than a Latex packages, but it's my opinion. And on this side mkiv is, if not a revolution, at least a strong evolution. -- luigi