On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Alan Braslau wrote: > On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 02:30:07AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote: > > > > MetaPost doesn't know erf and other obscure functions > > Metapost could possibly be extended to provide all of the functions > in the standard math library. In fact, it would be nice if there be > some hook to `link' to additional functions, written in C or in Fortran, > for example. (I regularly use the complex error function.) > Maybe this could be possible in luatex, made available to metapost > through some communication pipe? > > yes, just build a binding for the library (or use something else like cinvoke) http://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/2011-en/presentations/Scarso_2_2011 pag 15 or so If I recall correctly, I've built a binding for gsl too. -- luigi