* Zapf Dingbats font
@ 2012-06-01 22:36 Alfredo Catalina
From: Alfredo Catalina @ 2012-06-01 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Can the Zapf Dingbats font be used in MKIV? I can't do it work

I have downloaded the
symb-uni-zapf.zip<http://dl.contextgarden.net/websitesarchive/atl/tex/symb-uni-zapf.zip>
file
from http://dl.contextgarden.net/websitesarchive/atl/tex/. Then I unpacked
it and copied the .tfm, .enc and .map files in texmf-context/fonts as well
as symb-uzd.tex in texmf-context/tex/context/third

I then run

mtxrun --script fonts --reload
and

context --generate

I tried

usetypescriptfile[symb-uzd.tex]
\usesymbols[uzd]

\symbol[Unicode Shadowed Shapes][LowerRightDrop-shadowedWhiteSquare]

but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

* Re: Zapf Dingbats font
@ 2012-06-02  7:31 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-06-02  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Alfredo Catalina
<alfredo.catalina@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can the Zapf Dingbats font be used in MKIV? I can't do it work
>
> I have downloaded the symb-uni-zapf.zip file from
> http://dl.contextgarden.net/websitesarchive/atl/tex/. Then I unpacked it and
> copied the .tfm, .enc and .map files in texmf-context/fonts as well as
> symb-uzd.tex in texmf-context/tex/context/third
You  need the font --- the type1 file
IIRC, the font was included with the Reader5 --- see
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobatreader/win/5.x/
BTW, the files are for mkii.

--
luigi

* Re: Zapf Dingbats font
@ 2012-06-04  9:58           ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-06-04  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 4-6-2012 11:33, luigi scarso wrote:

>>> yes, but under the name 'uzdr'
>>>
>> There is the typescript, but not
>> the afm/pfb/pfm files; they are at the ctan
>> ( see for example
>> http://www.tex.ac.uk/ctan/fonts/urw/base35/
>> )
>

> hm, they are supposed to be in the distribution
I haven't them in my standalone, and
I don't see them in
http://dl.contextgarden.net/modules/

--
luigi

* Re: Zapf Dingbats font
@ 2012-06-04  9:50         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-04  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-6-2012 11:33, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Hans Hagen<pragma@wxs.nl>  wrote:
>> On 4-6-2012 10:52, Alfredo Catalina wrote:
>>
>>> mmm, does it mean that a ZapfDingbats.* font file is present in the
>>> distribution??
>>

>> yes, but under the name 'uzdr'
>>
> There is the typescript, but not
> the afm/pfb/pfm files; they are at the ctan
> ( see for example
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/ctan/fonts/urw/base35/
> )

hm, they are supposed to be in the distribution

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Zapf Dingbats font
@ 2012-06-04  9:33       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-06-04  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-06-04  9:27     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-04  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-6-2012 10:52, Alfredo Catalina wrote:

> mmm, does it mean that a ZapfDingbats.* font file is present in the
> distribution??

yes, but under the name 'uzdr'

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Zapf Dingbats font
@ 2012-06-04  8:52   ` Alfredo Catalina
From: Alfredo Catalina @ 2012-06-04  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-06-04  8:01 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-04  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3-6-2012 09:04, Alfredo Catalina wrote:
> Ok, thanks Luigi.
>
> This is how I sorted it out, hope it may help someone. It looks like I
> should write a typescript and a symbol definition file, but I new to this
> and don't know how to do it yet.
>
> This is a workaround for the meantime:
>
> - Download the free True Type font "Zapf Dingbats BT" from
> http://www.ufonts.com/fonts/zapf-dingbats-bt.html
> - You should have got the file ufonts.com_zapf-dingbats-bt-2.ttf or an EXE
> file -an installer-
> - In windows 7 it may be installed by clicking "install" -context menu,
> right mouse click-
> - Generate Context font database:
>
> mtxrun --script fonts --reload
>
> - Check it's been read:
>
> mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=zapf*
>
> - You should have several lines like "zapfdingbatsbt
> zapfdingbatsitcbybtregular
>   c:/windows/fonts/ufonts.com_zapf-dingbats-bt-2.ttf"
> - Finally this is how I get the characters I need:
>
> \definefont[zapfdingbats][ufonts.com_zapf-dingbats-bt-2.ttf at 10pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> Testing: {\zapfdingbats \char109}  %shadowed white circle
>
> \stoptext

in the distrubution from the contextgarden

\definefont[zapfdingbats][ZapfDingbats]

should work as well

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Zapf Dingbats font
@ 2012-06-03 21:32 ` Steve Peter
From: Steve Peter @ 2012-06-03 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 3, 2012, at 3:04 AM, Alfredo Catalina wrote:

> This is a workaround for the meantime:
>
> - Download the free True Type font "Zapf Dingbats BT" from http://www.....com/fonts/zapf-dingbats-bt.html

Beware of sites like this. There are many commercial fonts there.

Steve

* Re: Zapf Dingbats font
@ 2012-06-03  7:04 Alfredo Catalina
From: Alfredo Catalina @ 2012-06-03  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)