On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Lars Huttar wrote: > On 9/24/2013 12:01 PM, Lars Huttar wrote: > > > > Can you explain how/why the two ways of increasing the font size should > > have such different effects? (I have read section 5.8 and 5.9 about > > selecting bodyfonts and interlinespace but still don't get it.) > > \tfc is described as a "font selector" command (5.3.2). It seems to me > > that both \tfc and \switchtobodyfont[20pt] simply attempt to switch to a > > different size of whatever bodyfont is currently in effect. But there > > must be something I'm missing. (Or else it's just an arbitrary > > distinction, but that seems unlikely.) > > > > > > Is it that \switchdobodyfont changes the *body* font, which engages the > associated bodyfont environment... > whereas \tfc changes the *font*, not the *body* font? > > Lars > > You can look into font-pre.mkiv \tfc augment the fontsize of a factor of 1.728 It's relative to the default fount size not to the current fontsize: {\tfc foo {\tfc foo}} both foo have the same size But interlinespace is not modified, so we need to reset \starttext OK: \input knuth\blank{\tfx WRONG: \input knuth\blank \tfc WRONG: \input knuth\relax} \page OK: \input knuth\blank{\tfx\setupinterlinespace OK: \input knuth\blank \tfc WRONG: \input knuth\blank} \page OK: \input knuth\blank{\tfx\setupinterlinespace OK: \input knuth\blank \tfc\setupinterlinespace OK: \input knuth\blank} \stoptext -- luigi