On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM, DesdeChaves wrote: > Dear sirs > I would like to try luatex lunatic ( > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/luatex_lunatic) but i > d'ont find the luatex-0.42. I'm looking in > https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=10&release_id=406#luatex-beta-0.76.0-title-content > > I've been looking for a way to simulate data with different distributions > (normal, poisson, exponential, etc.) in the .tex file. The use of GSL > library is a good option, but it seems impossible to import in luatex. > Another way is using the R-statistical through filter module***, which > seems to work well in luatex. At this time I would try to import the GSL > functions through python script. For that i think that i need the older > luatex 0.42 but I don't find that. > > *** > \defineexternalfilter > [R] > [ > filtercommand={R CMD BATCH -q --save --restore > \externalfilterinputfile\space \externalfilteroutputfile}, > output=\externalfilterbasefile.out, > directory=output, > readcommand=\typefile, > read=no, > cache=yes, > ] > > > Jorge > > I'm sorry to say that I cannot help you with luatex lunatic, luatex 0.42 is too old and today there are other ways to build wrappers . I can suggest to see SWIG (http://www.swig.org), there is a very good section on Lua. In any case the filter module that you use is often a reliable alternative to connect to external programs, so the problem is often to be sure to have a good program. In your case you can also write a python script that uses that gsl module (if there is such module, I don't know exactly) and then call python by mean of the filter module. -- luigi