On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Shriramana Sharma wrote: > Hi thanks everyone for their responses. > > On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Hans Hagen wrote: > >> But it lacks Indic scripts, so it's not an option for him, at least not > >> yet. > > > > Indic scripts will be supported in mkiv some day soon (at the ntg meeting > > there has been a presentation about devanagari etc using the context font > > machinery and that will be integrated once it's stable). > > Hi -- I'm curious to know about your future plans for Indic. Are you > going to use HarfBuzz? Even in Indic, I have specific minority > orthography requirements due to which I'm using Graphite-enabled > fonts. HarfBuzz (new one, not old one) supports Graphite and so my > requirements would be met if that is used, but if you are going to > develop yet another rendering system (please don't tell me it's so) it > would be quite difficult... > > ok, we don't tell it to you. -- luigi