On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 5:23 PM Willi Egger wrote: > Hi all, > > I am siting with a project of making a “dwarsligger”, you know these > books, printed on bible-thin-printing paper, which are about 12 x 8 cm. > One opens them while holding them ‘landscape’ with the spine on the top… > > Now there is of course a little struggle with the page numbering. The > reading page consists out of the even page together with the following > uneven page. It is easy to print on the uneven page a page number, however > this will result in uneven page numbers only throughout the book. > > My question is, whether there is an algorithm to print page numbers as > follows: > > > 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 (this is the ordinary numbering) > 1 2 3 4 5 (this is the requested numbering) > > Does someone have an idea how to solve this? > > Any hints are most appreciated! > > Pickup n>=0, and find q and r such n = 2q + r, r = 0 or r=1 It's not clear if you have 6 what you want to print (3 or 4 ?) but playing with that formula can help you . In many times, it's better to start from zero, so it could be that you have to translate your input sequence by adding -1 and the output sequence by adding +1 . > -- luigi