On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote: > On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 16:01:27 +0200 > luigi scarso wrote: > > > On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Aditya Mahajan > > wrote: > > > > > > > > I think that the advice of omitting the file extension given in > > > most LaTeX introductions is more trouble than it is worth in > > > ConTeXt. Omitting file extensions is important if you are > > > generating both dvi and pdf outputs. In ConTeXt, one never uses the > > > DVI output, so I think that one should ALWAYS specify the file > > > extension. That removes a lot of headaches with the wrong file > > > being sourced. > > > > > > +1. > > -1 > > One might have png, jpeg, pdf, eps and other figure files. The choice > of which will be used depends eventually on where the file is to be > found... (and setupexternalfigures). This is a *feature*. It has > nothing to do with LaTeX. > > yes, right, in combination with \ifmode it's useful -- luigi