* Re: Tesselating the sheet with a image
@ 2013-05-22  6:03 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-22  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I someone could tell me how to place images horizontally side by side,
not only vertically, then I possibly could make it with some use of
\dorecurse?

Huseyin

* Re: Tesselating the sheet with a image
@ 2013-05-22  6:36 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2013-05-22  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 8:03 AM, "H. Özoguz" <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de> wrote:

> I someone could tell me how to place images horizontally side by side, not
> only vertically, then I possibly could make it with some use of \dorecurse?
>
> perhaps \hbox, as in
\hbox {\externalfigure[picture1.pdf]\externalfigure[picture1.pdf]}
?
--
luigi

* Re: Tesselating the sheet with a image
@ 2013-05-22 20:15 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-22 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.05.2013 um 07:38 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Hi there,
>
> for a card game I have this macro:
>
> \defineoverlay[eslami][{\externalfigure[somepicture.pdf]}]
> \def\esl[#1][#2][#3]{%
> \startframed[frame=on,width=4.75cm,offset=overlay,align=middle,background=eslami]%
>  \offinterlineskip
>  \framed[width=4.75cm,frame=off,height=2cm]{\blank[-3mm]#1}\\
>  \framed[width=4.75cm,frame=off,height=3cm]{#2}\\
>  \framed[width=4.75cm,frame=off,height=2.4cm]{#3}
> \stopframed}
> \starttext
> \esl[blub][blub][blub]
> \stoptext
>
> which produces cards with some text (see attachment).
> Now, I only want to write in the editor the commands
>
> \esl[blub1][blub1][blub1]
> \esl[blub2][blub2[blub2]
> \esl[blub3][blub3][blub3]
> etc.
>
> and these images / overlays should be placed automatically vertically and horizontically over the sheets, like a tesselation (and after that they will be printed and cutted).
> The order of setting the cards is not important. If one page is full, then they should be placed automatically on the next page - but perfectly the same way, on the same locations, like on all other pages. That is important for cutting, each card should have two sides, so they have to match in location.
>
> Is there a way to do this?

You can let each card produce a single page (select a small aper size, e.g. A7) and use the imposition mechanism
to print many cards on paper. I wrote a while ago a imposition shame for flashcards which can be used for this.

Wolfgang

* Tesselating the sheet with a image
@ 2013-05-21  5:38 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-21  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)