On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 12:58 PM, Tom Harrop wrote: > Hello again, > > The document I'm typsetting uses description lists. To keep the list > entries close together I'm using before=\nowhitespace and > after=\nowhitespace in \definedescription. This is fine so long as the term > is short, but when the term wraps to two lines it can overlap with the term > below. > > Here's an example: > > \setuppapersize[A5] >> \setupalign[flushleft, nothyphenated] >> >> \definedescription[description] >> [before=\nowhitespace, after=\nowhitespace] >> >> \starttext >> >> \startdescription{Short term:} >> Items with short terms are fine. >> \stopdescription >> >> \startdescription{This is a really long term:} >> Long term + short definition >> \stopdescription >> >> \startdescription{This is a really long term:} >> ... the long term of the item above the mashes into the term below. >> \stopdescription >> >> \stoptext >> > > And here is an attempt at a plain text representation of what I'm trying > to achieve: > > Short term: Items with short terms are fine. >> This is a really >> long term: Long term + short definition >> This is a really >> long term: ... the long term of the item above the mashes into >> the >> term below. >> > > Is this possible using \definedescription? I tried some combinations of > \vfill and \framed but I couldn't get it to work. > > Sorry to repeatedly post newbie questions. Any tips would be appreciated! > the title is in a \vtop and not a \vbox, and its height is fixed to \strutht (and the depth to \strutdp) so basically the title is one line. You can try with hand-tuning, ie \definedescription[description][before=\nowhitespace, after=\vskip0.25em,width=7\emwidth] \starttext \startdescription[title=This is a really long term:] \crlf Long term + short definition \stopdescription \startdescription[title=This is a really long term:] \crlf ... the long term of the item above the mashes into the term below. \stopdescription \stoptext