* crop PDF pages
@ 2011-09-20  2:08 Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2011-09-20  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
	Wolfgang Schuster

Hi, powerful context users:

I'm wondering why there is no crop setting for \externalfigure or \insertpages.
I have a lot of scanned books in PDF format, most of them are double sided.
I want to read them on kindle but the huge margins take too much space
and as a result the texts are too small.
I want to use commands like \insertpages to crop all the pages with
different bounding box settings for odd/even pages.
there's a "scale" option for \copypages but it's somewhat naive to use
in such practical cases...

Yue Wang

* Re: crop PDF pages
@ 2011-09-20  6:53 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2011-09-20  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2011-09-20 um 04:08 schrieb Yue Wang:

> Hi, powerful context users:
>
> I'm wondering why there is no crop setting for \externalfigure or
> \insertpages.
> I have a lot of scanned books in PDF format, most of them are double
> sided.
> I want to read them on kindle but the huge margins take too much space
> and as a result the texts are too small.
> I want to use commands like \insertpages to crop all the pages with
> different bounding box settings for odd/even pages.
> there's a "scale" option for \copypages but it's somewhat naive to use
> in such practical cases...

At least for \externalfigure you can use \clip; since you can use it
for "everything", it's a single command, not an option.
See http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Graphical_text_manipulation#.5Cclip

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: crop PDF pages
@ 2011-09-20  6:58 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-09-20  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Yue Wang <yuleopen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, powerful context users:
>
> I'm wondering why there is no crop setting for \externalfigure or \insertpages.
> I have a lot of scanned books in PDF format, most of them are double sided.
> I want to read them on kindle but the huge margins take too much space
> and as a result the texts are too small.
> I want to use commands like \insertpages to crop all the pages with
> different bounding box settings for odd/even pages.
> there's a "scale" option for \copypages but it's somewhat naive to use
> in such practical cases...

\clip
(as Hraban said) see also
http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/talks/2010-09-16-luigi-pdfvsplit/