* compiling the mkiv-publications manual
@ 2017-10-04 10:09 MF
From: MF @ 2017-10-04 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

I'm trying to compile the mkiv-publications manual from the ConTeXt
distribution.

Running

context mkiv-publications

stops with the error:

tex error       > tex error on line 58 in file publications-
database.tex: ! Undefined control sequence

l.58 \startBTX

55
56     A \BIBTEX\ file entry looks like this:
57
58 >>  \startBTX
59     @Article {sometag,
60         author  = "An Author and Another One",
61         title   = "A hopefully meaningful title",
62         journal = maps,

maybe I need to specify some options in the command line, to make
ConTeXt aware of the \startBTX macro.

Greetings,
Massi

* Re: compiling the mkiv-publications manual
@ 2017-10-04 10:29 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-10-04 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 12:09 PM, MF <massifr@fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm trying to compile the mkiv-publications manual from the ConTeXt
> distribution.
>
> Running
>
> context mkiv-publications
>
> stops with the error:

> tex error       > tex error on line 58 in file publications-
> database.tex: ! Undefined control sequence
>
> l.58 \startBTX
hm it seems that it's defined only if atpragma mode is enabled.

--
luigi

* Risposta:  compiling the mkiv-publications manual
@ 2017-10-04 11:19   ` MF
From: MF @ 2017-10-04 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks Luigi!

This works:

context --mode=atpragma mkiv-publications

@ 2017-10-04 20:55   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-10-04 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

You must not be looking at the latest version.

@ 2017-10-04 21:06     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-10-04 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Alan Braslau <braslau.list@comcast.net> wrote:
> You must not be looking at the latest version.

$>context mkiv-publications.tex

tex error       > tex error on line 58 in file
publications-database.tex: ! Undefined control sequence

l.58 \startBTX

$> context --mode=atpragma mkiv-publications.tex
works

$ context --version

mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 1.02
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | main context file:
/opt/luatex/mkvi-experimental/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/context.mkiv
mtx-context     | current version: 2017.10.02 10:34

--
luigi

* Re: compiling the mkiv-publications manual
@ 2017-10-04 21:17       ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-10-04 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 4 Oct 2017, at 15:06, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Alan Braslau <braslau.list@comcast.net> wrote:
>> You must not be looking at the latest version.

The latest version of the manual source, as found on the Garden.

* Re: compiling the mkiv-publications manual
@ 2017-10-04 21:46         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-10-04 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:17 PM, Alan Braslau <braslau.list@comcast.net> wrote:

>> On 4 Oct 2017, at 15:06, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Alan Braslau <braslau.list@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> You must not be looking at the latest version.
>
> The latest version of the manual source, as found on the Garden.

At
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography_mkiv
the link
http://pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/mkiv-publications.pdf
gives the same pdf of the latest beta, so it should be generated from
the  source.

But in the the source code in
tex/texmf-context/doc/context/sources/general/manuals/publications
perhaps we need to add template2.bib and tugboat.bib :

$ grep bib mkiv-publications.log |grep 'no file'
publications    > no file 'tugboat.bib'
publications    > no file 'template2.bib'

--
luigi