* doublestroke
@ 2013-12-19 15:50 Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-19 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm writing math and I'm using "modern", and I would like to use
"doublestroke".
There is an example here,
http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2008/037124.html, but I think it's
not likely to work since families aren't used anymore.
I really can't think how it should be done, and all I've found would be
through some substitution mechanism as described in "fonts-mkiv.pdf".
I could use an example of replacing a "vector" of a font, by another font.
There might be things too with "simplefonts" and "fallback" mechanism, but
I haven't seen examples with math.
Regards,
Chris

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22  1:47 ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-22  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Still trying to have different blackboard symbols than those default with
"modern", but also to learn more about fonts, I've found these two examples
that I've been trying to adapt to math (
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/124824/context-unicode-fallback-font),
one involving \definefontfallback, the other one using \setmainfontfallback
with some "range".

It is very interesting because in both cases I completely fail to obtain
the result I want.
In the first case I do have the symbols from termes, but only some "N"
instead of \char0x2115.
In the second case (simplefonts), all symbols follow the required fallback,
but the math characters.

\definefontfallback
  [termes_fallback]
  [termes] [0x0000-0xFFFF] %%[force=no]

\Umathquad\displaystyle=1em
\Umathaxis\textstyle=.8ex

\starttypescript [myModern]
    \definetypeface [myModern] [rm] [serif] [modern]     [default]
    \definetypeface [myModern] [ss] [sans]  [modern]  [default]
[rscale=0.887]
    \definetypeface [myModern] [tt] [mono]  [modern]    [default]
[rscale=1.163]
    \definetypeface [myModern] [mm] [math]  [termes_fallback]     [default]
[rscale=1.050]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[myModern]
\setupbodyfont[myModern,12pt]

\starttext

The default one doesn't even seem to have $ℕ \char"2115 \Umathchar "0
"0 "2115\alpha$\char"2115,  α (alpha).

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfontfallback[termes][range={0x0000-0xFFFF}, force=yes,
  rscale=auto]

The default one doesn't even seem to have
$\Umathchar"0"0"2115\utfchar{"2115}$ (white circle) or α (alpha).

\stoptext

Some help with those examples would be very helpful.

Regards,
Chris

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Elspeth McGullicuddy <
elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm writing math and I'm using "modern", and I would like to use
> "doublestroke".
> There is an example here,
> http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2008/037124.html, but I think
> it's not likely to work since families aren't used anymore.
> I really can't think how it should be done, and all I've found would be
> through some substitution mechanism as described in "fonts-mkiv.pdf".
> I could use an example of replacing a "vector" of a font, by another font.
> There might be things too with "simplefonts" and "fallback" mechanism, but
> I haven't seen examples with math.
> Regards,
> Chris

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22  3:10   ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-22  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Every single bits of the first part is wrong, I didn't noticed it because
it just does nothing.
The example of the link though works, of course (the one with
\definefontfallback).
But to do it with math... I've tried so many possibilities none of which
worked...
Regards,
Chris

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 2:47 AM, Elspeth McGullicuddy <

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 10:56     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-22 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.12.2013 um 04:10 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:

> Every single bits of the first part is wrong, I didn't noticed it because it just does nothing.
> The example of the link though works, of course (the one with \definefontfallback).
> But to do it with math... I've tried so many possibilities none of which worked…

The fallback mechanism won’t work for the double stroke font because it uses
the old tex math encoding and not unicode encoding for the characters.

Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 13:12       ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-22 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

First of all, thanks for this quick reply.
Now what if as in the example I put, I want to mix, in math mode, some
range of "modern" with some range of "termes", which are both otf
fonts. Say modern is the default, but the character whose codepoint is
0x2115 (ℕ), is provided by "termes"?
This mechanism could be adapted to any glyph one doesn't like the
shape, e.g. substitute thin shaft arrows of modern with thicker shaft
arrows of xits.
Regards,
Chris

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 22.12.2013 um 04:10 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:
>
>> Every single bits of the first part is wrong, I didn't noticed it because it just does nothing.
>> The example of the link though works, of course (the one with \definefontfallback).
>> But to do it with math... I've tried so many possibilities none of which worked…
>
> The fallback mechanism won’t work for the double stroke font because it uses
> the old tex math encoding and not unicode encoding for the characters.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 13:28         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-22 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.12.2013 um 14:12 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:

> First of all, thanks for this quick reply.
> Now what if as in the example I put, I want to mix, in math mode, some
> range of "modern" with some range of "termes", which are both otf
> fonts. Say modern is the default, but the character whose codepoint is
> 0x2115 (ℕ), is provided by "termes"?
> This mechanism could be adapted to any glyph one doesn't like the
> shape, e.g. substitute thin shaft arrows of modern with thicker shaft
> arrows of xits.

Hans extended the fallback mechanism a while ago to use it also with math fonts.

With the new simplefonts code you have now a high level interface when you use
a opentype math font.

\definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math] [range=uppercasedoublestruck]
\definefontfamily     [mainface] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

\startformula
ABC \quad {\blackboard ABC}
\stopformula

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 14:09           ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-22 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

This "will" be great. Soon...
My ConTEXt is Debian's sid: "context (2013.05.28.20130704-3)", which I
believe is older than the change in simplefonts you are using in the
example.
So I think I shall have to proceed to a context-standalone installation.
Could you tell me where I could see the sources of this simplefonts
version, because doing Google with keyword uppercasedoublestruck
doesn' even return a thing.

Chris

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 22.12.2013 um 14:12 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:
>
>> First of all, thanks for this quick reply.
>> Now what if as in the example I put, I want to mix, in math mode, some
>> range of "modern" with some range of "termes", which are both otf
>> fonts. Say modern is the default, but the character whose codepoint is
>> 0x2115 (ℕ), is provided by "termes"?
>> This mechanism could be adapted to any glyph one doesn't like the
>> shape, e.g. substitute thin shaft arrows of modern with thicker shaft
>> arrows of xits.
>
> Hans extended the fallback mechanism a while ago to use it also with math fonts.
>
> With the new simplefonts code you have now a high level interface when you use
> a opentype math font.
>

> \definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]
>
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math] [range=uppercasedoublestruck]
> \definefontfamily     [mainface] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]
>
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startformula
> ABC \quad {\blackboard ABC}
> \stopformula
>
> \stoptext
>

> Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 14:15             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-22 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.12.2013 um 15:09 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:

> This "will" be great. Soon...
> My ConTEXt is Debian's sid: "context (2013.05.28.20130704-3)", which I
> believe is older than the change in simplefonts you are using in the
> example.
> So I think I shall have to proceed to a context-standalone installation.
> Could you tell me where I could see the sources of this simplefonts
> version, because doing Google with keyword uppercasedoublestruck
> doesn' even return a thing.

The new simplefonts is part of context and you can find the code in
the files font-sel.mkvi and font-sel.lua. The uppercasedoublestruck
keyword for the fallback range is set in math-act.lua.

Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 15:23               ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-22 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

So far I've failed to find the sources.

The only place I've found recent enough sources is there:
http://minimals.metatex.org/current/context/experimental/tex/context/base/math-act.lua

But the link isn't working.

All the other sources I've found do not contain the relevant parts
(not up to date).

Could you tell me +where+ I could find them.

I've downloaded this:

rsync -rpztlv --stats contextgarden.net::'minimals/beta/base/tex/
                                          minimals/beta/base/metapost/
                                          minimals/beta/base/xetex/
                                          minimals/beta/misc/web2c' texmf

rsync -rpztlv --stats contextgarden.net::'minimals/beta/context/current/
                                          minimals/beta/context/img/

minimals/beta/context/config/' texmf-context

rsync -rpztlv --stats contextgarden.net::'minimals/beta/fonts/new/
                                          minimals/beta/fonts/common/
                                          minimals/beta/fonts/other/
                                          minimals/beta/fonts/old/' texmf-fonts

rsync -rpztlv --stats contextgarden.net::minimals/beta/misc/setuptex/ .

rsync -rpztlv --stats contextgarden.net::'minimals/beta/modules/f-urwgaramond/
                                          minimals/beta/modules/t-bnf/
                                          minimals/beta/modules/…/' texmf-extra

But the result contains no "*.lua" neither "*.mkiv"

Regards,
Chris

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 22.12.2013 um 15:09 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:
>
>> This "will" be great. Soon...
>> My ConTEXt is Debian's sid: "context (2013.05.28.20130704-3)", which I
>> believe is older than the change in simplefonts you are using in the
>> example.
>> So I think I shall have to proceed to a context-standalone installation.
>> Could you tell me where I could see the sources of this simplefonts
>> version, because doing Google with keyword uppercasedoublestruck
>> doesn' even return a thing.
>
> The new simplefonts is part of context and you can find the code in
> the files font-sel.mkvi and font-sel.lua. The uppercasedoublestruck
> keyword for the fallback range is set in math-act.lua.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 15:49                 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-22 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.12.2013 um 16:23 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:

> So far I've failed to find the sources.
>
> The only place I've found recent enough sources is there:
> http://minimals.metatex.org/current/context/experimental/tex/context/base/math-act.lua
>
> But the link isn't working.
>
> All the other sources I've found do not contain the relevant parts
> (not up to date).
>
> Could you tell me +where+ I could find them.

- http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Unix-like_platforms_.28Linux.2FMacOS_X.2FFreeBSD.2FSolaris.29
- http://standalone.contextgarden.net
- https://code.launchpad.net/~reviczky/context-beta/debian-context

Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 16:33                   ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-22 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've done the install with the script and it worked just out of the box.

I've found all the sources I was looking for (pity (or not), they are
not indexed by google).

I've made this tiny change to have the behavior I was looking for:

\definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math]
[range=uppercasedoublestruck] [force=no]
\definefontfamily     [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

\startformula
ABC \quad {\blackboard ABC}
\stopformula

\stoptext

Very grateful for this example without which it'd took me ages to get there.
(or more likely not to.)

Chris

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 22.12.2013 um 16:23 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:
>
>> So far I've failed to find the sources.
>>
>> The only place I've found recent enough sources is there:
>> http://minimals.metatex.org/current/context/experimental/tex/context/base/math-act.lua
>>
>> But the link isn't working.
>>
>> All the other sources I've found do not contain the relevant parts
>> (not up to date).
>>
>> Could you tell me +where+ I could find them.
>
> - http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Unix-like_platforms_.28Linux.2FMacOS_X.2FFreeBSD.2FSolaris.29
> - http://standalone.contextgarden.net
> - https://code.launchpad.net/~reviczky/context-beta/debian-context
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 16:40                     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-22 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.12.2013 um 17:33 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:

> I've done the install with the script and it worked just out of the box.
>
> I've found all the sources I was looking for (pity (or not), they are
> not indexed by google).
>
> I've made this tiny change to have the behavior I was looking for:
>
> \definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]
>
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math] [range=uppercasedoublestruck] [force=no]

The “range” and “force” settings have to be set in the same argument and even then I don’t think
you want “force=no” because this would take the glyphs from Latin Modern and your fallback
font is ignored.

The purpose of the “force” and “check” keys is explained in the source for the fallback mechanism:

% check : only replace when present in replacement font (default: no)
% force : force replacent even when basefont has glyph  (default: yes)

Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 17:06                       ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-22 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Seeing the code wasn't producing the expected result I did two change
in one go, without clearly noticing it: my mistake.

The script as it is, with or without the force, keep drawing the
blackboard glyphs with Latin Modern Math. I put the script again so
that there is no ambiguity:

\definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math]
[range=uppercasedoublestruck,force=yes]
%\definefontfamily     [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math]
\definefontfamily     [mainface] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

\startformula
ABC \quad {\blackboard ABCN} \char"2115 % still Latin Modern Math
\stopformula

\stoptext

Chris

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 22.12.2013 um 17:33 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:
>
>> I've done the install with the script and it worked just out of the box.
>>
>> I've found all the sources I was looking for (pity (or not), they are
>> not indexed by google).
>>
>> I've made this tiny change to have the behavior I was looking for:
>>
>> \definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]
>>
>> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math] [range=uppercasedoublestruck] [force=no]
>
> The “range” and “force” settings have to be set in the same argument and even then I don’t think
> you want “force=no” because this would take the glyphs from Latin Modern and your fallback
> font is ignored.
>
> The purpose of the “force” and “check” keys is explained in the source for the fallback mechanism:
>
> % check : only replace when present in replacement font (default: no)
> % force : force replacent even when basefont has glyph  (default: yes)
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 17:23                         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-22 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.12.2013 um 18:06 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:

> Seeing the code wasn't producing the expected result I did two change
> in one go, without clearly noticing it: my mistake.
>
> The script as it is, with or without the force, keep drawing the
> blackboard glyphs with Latin Modern Math. I put the script again so
> that there is no ambiguity:
>
> \definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]
>
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math]
> [range=uppercasedoublestruck,force=yes]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math] [range={uppercasedoublestruck,letterlikesymbols}]

Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-22 17:29                           ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-22 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

There it is: how beautiful.

Many thanks,
Chris

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 22.12.2013 um 18:06 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:
>
>> Seeing the code wasn't producing the expected result I did two change
>> in one go, without clearly noticing it: my mistake.
>>
>> The script as it is, with or without the force, keep drawing the
>> blackboard glyphs with Latin Modern Math. I put the script again so
>> that there is no ambiguity:
>>
>> \definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]
>>
>> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math]
>> [range=uppercasedoublestruck,force=yes]
>
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math] [range={uppercasedoublestruck,letterlikesymbols}]
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-26  0:01                             ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-26  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I hopped you all had a merry Christmas :-)

In the very first working example:

\definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math]
[range={uppercasedoublestruck}]  %%%,letterlikesymbols}]
\definefontfamily     [mainface] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]
\starttext
\startformula
ABC \quad {\blackboard AB[C]DEFG[H]IJKLM[N]O[PQR]STUVWXY[Z]}
\stopformula
\stoptext

letters here in brackets weren't rendered as expected... Because there
are "holes
in the uft table" as can be seen there:
http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/double-struck.html

Adding the "bloks" "letterlikesymbols" was, to an extent solving the problem.
Now in my document I am also using calligraphic letters which I want
to remain in "modern".

1- WHAT DIDN'T WORK:
First idea that comes to me is modifying the file: math-act.lua

I have added all the lines that are commented out here.

blocks["uppercasedoublestruck"]               = { first = 0x1D538,
last = 0x1D550 } %0x1D551 is not attributed
%blocks["uppercasedoublestruckc"]               = { first = 0x02102,
last = 0x02102 } %
%blocks["uppercasedoublestruckh"]               = { first = 0x0210D,
last = 0x0210D } %
%blocks["uppercasedoublestruckn"]               = { first = 0x02115,
last = 0x02115 } %
%blocks["uppercasedoublestruckp"]               = { first = 0x02119,
last = 0x02119 } %
%blocks["uppercasedoublestruckq"]               = { first = 0x0211A,
last = 0x0211A } %
%blocks["uppercasedoublestruckr"]               = { first = 0x0211D,
last = 0x0211D } %
%blocks["uppercasedoublestruckz"]               = { first = 0x02124,
last = 0x02124 } %

It just didn't work. Compiled but fail to provided expected result:
Everything was in modern.

2- WHAT WORKED

\definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Termes Math]

[range={uppercasedoublestruck,0x02102,0x0210D,0x02115,0x02119,0x0211A,0x0211D,0x02124}]
\definefontfamily     [mainface] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]
\starttext
\startformula
\int_a^b \quad ABC \quad {\blackboard AB[C]DEFG[H]IJKLM[N]O[PQR]STUVWXY[Z]}
\stopformula
\stoptext

3-QUESTION

Unless I'm completely wrong, the modification I've made to the file:
math-act.lua
haven't been taken into account at all:
even if I modify the line "uppercasedoublestruck" such as to reduce the range:

blocks["uppercasedoublestruck"]               = { first = 0x1D538,
last = 0x1D540 }

my \blackboard UVXY keep to be rendered with term...

So why?

Regards,
Chris

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-26  8:09                               ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-26  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.12.2013 um 01:01 schrieb Elspeth McGullicuddy <elspethmcgullicuddy@gmail.com>:

> [...]
>
> [range={uppercasedoublestruck,0x02102,0x0210D,0x02115,0x02119,0x0211A,0x0211D,0x02124}]
> \definefontfamily     [mainface] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
> \starttext
> \startformula
> \int_a^b \quad ABC \quad {\blackboard AB[C]DEFG[H]IJKLM[N]O[PQR]STUVWXY[Z]}
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
>
> 3-QUESTION
>
> Unless I'm completely wrong, the modification I've made to the file:
> math-act.lua
> haven't been taken into account at all:
> even if I modify the line "uppercasedoublestruck" such as to reduce the range:
>
> blocks["uppercasedoublestruck"]               = { first = 0x1D538,
> last = 0x1D540 }
>
> my \blackboard UVXY keep to be rendered with term...

1. When you make a change in the code you have to remake the format file (context —make en).

2. When you write many lines in the form “blocks[<name>] = { first=…, last=… }”  you do only replace the previous setting but don’t add new entries to the table.

3. Part of the problem is mess in unicode because the symbols you need are scattered, see http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1D400.pdf and here http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2100.pdf

Wolfgang

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-26 11:57                                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-12-26 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/26/2013 9:09 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> [...]
>> \int_a^b \quad ABC \quad {\blackboard AB[C]DEFG[H]IJKLM[N]O[PQR]STUVWXY[Z]}
>> \stopformula
>> \stoptext
>>
>> 3-QUESTION
>>
>> Unless I'm completely wrong, the modification I've made to the file:
>> math-act.lua
>> haven't been taken into account at all:
>> even if I modify the line "uppercasedoublestruck" such as to reduce the range:
>>
>> blocks["uppercasedoublestruck"]               = { first = 0x1D538,
>> last = 0x1D540 }
>>
>> my \blackboard UVXY keep to be rendered with term...
>>
>> So why?
>
> 1. When you make a change in the code you have to remake the format file (context —make en).
>
> 2. When you write many lines in the form “blocks[<name>] = { first=…, last=… }”  you do only replace the previous setting but don’t add new entries to the table.

I now support 'gaps' (blocks have a gaps entry). Beta uploaded.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: doublestroke
@ 2013-12-26 15:13                                   ` Elspeth McGullicuddy
From: Elspeth McGullicuddy @ 2013-12-26 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang for the "context --make en" tips.

Thanks Hans for having filled the "gaps".

Regards,
Chris