* simplefonts directory
       [not found] <CAGW=J5cnsk3_Q1xs_p2CLY9nxYd+jKNdMmz=L3UhEmms9K3amg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-02-18 13:49 ` Yves Cloutier
From: Yves Cloutier @ 2020-02-18 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I'm on linux and trying to add my fonts directories using

export OSFONTDIR=/usr/share/fonts/;$HOME/.fonts

however when I do, I get the following message:

bash: /home/drifter/.fonts: Is a directory

I'm not what I'm doing wrong or why it's not liking this. Any pointers
would be appreciated.

* Re: simplefonts directory
@ 2020-02-18 13:57   ` Tomas Hala
From: Tomas Hala @ 2020-02-18 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

#
#      export OSFONTDIR=/usr/share/fonts/;$HOME/.fonts

export OSFONTDIR="/usr/share/fonts/;$HOME/.fonts"

Tomáš

#
#    however when I do, I get the following message:
#
#      bash: /home/drifter/.fonts: Is a directory
#
#    I'm not what I'm doing wrong or why it's not liking this. Any pointers
#    would be appreciated.

# ___________________________________________________________________________________
# If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!
#
# maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
# webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
# archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
# wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
# ___________________________________________________________________________________

                                         Tomáš Hála

* Re: simplefonts directory
@ 2020-02-18 14:00   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2020-02-18 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
** Yves Cloutier <yves.cloutier@gmail.com> [2020-02-18 08:49:37 -0500]:

> Hello,

> I'm on linux and trying to add my fonts directories using

> export OSFONTDIR=/usr/share/fonts/;$HOME/.fonts

> however when I do, I get the following message:

> bash: /home/drifter/.fonts: Is a directory

> I'm not what I'm doing wrong or why it's not liking this. Any pointers
> would be appreciated.

Use double quotes:
export OSFONTDIR="/usr/share/fonts/;$HOME/.fonts"

P.S. You may be interested to read bash scripting guide, but in short the
semicolon is used in shell (bash, zsh) to separate two or more commands in a
row, so your line was interpreted by a shell (I assume that it is bash) like
1 command: export OSFONTDIR=/usr/share/fonts
2 command: $HOME/.fonts
so indeed the $HOME/.fonts is a directory.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
If all else fails, lower your standards.

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: simplefonts directory
@ 2020-02-18 19:14     ` Yves Cloutier
From: Yves Cloutier @ 2020-02-18 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)