* Making font smaller in \starttyping environment?
@ 2013-08-31 16:35 Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2013-08-31 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I know I should be able to do it (and think I've done it once upon a
time), but how do I change the font size just for \tt and for
\starttyping \stoptyping environment?

I have no problems with the font used, I just want my typed text to be
a tad smaller (like \tfx for that font).

Once again I feel very bewildered in the font land...

Thanks,

Mari

* Re: Making font smaller in \starttyping environment?
@ 2013-08-31 16:44 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-08-31 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 31.08.2013 um 18:35 schrieb Mari Voipio <mari.voipio@iki.fi>:

> Hello,
>
> I know I should be able to do it (and think I've done it once upon a
> time), but how do I change the font size just for \tt and for
> \starttyping \stoptyping environment?
>
> I have no problems with the font used, I just want my typed text to be
> a tad smaller (like \tfx for that font).
>
> Once again I feel very bewildered in the font land…

When you want a smaller size for the monospaced font you can use the rscale
key from \definetypeface.

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [modern] [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]  [modern] [default] [rscale=0.95]

\starttext
Serif text and {\tt monospaced text.}
\stoptext

The font (and also the font size) for the verbatim block could be changed with
the \setuptyping command, e.g.

  \setuptyping[bodyfont=11pt]

or

  \setuptyping[style=small]

Wolfgang

* Re: Making font smaller in \starttyping environment?
@ 2013-08-31 16:58   ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2013-08-31 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
> When you want a smaller size for the monospaced font you can use the rscale
> key from \definetypeface.

*That* was the command that I was grappling to find and that I've used before.

>   \setuptyping[style=small]

If I do this, the font gets smaller, but it also switches to [rm]
which isn't exactly useful... However, I found that

\setuptyping[style=\tfx\tt]

will do the job.

Thanks again, Wolfgang, for your speedy reply!

Mari