* Bug/change in fillinrules
@ 2016-03-29 12:13 Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2016-03-29 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

after I updated to about newest ConTeXt, I found out that \fillinrules
doesn't work any more as expected, i.e. instead of filling the rest of
the first line, the rule now starts on the second line, below the text
that precedes \fillinrules. This doesn't match the behaviour indicated
in http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/fillinrules . Is this a bug
or should I change something in my code? Now I have

\setupfillinrules
[n=1, %one rule per command \fillinrules
width=broad] %leaves some space between the text and the line

\starttext

\fillinrules{Refractometer serial no:}
\fillinrules{Customer:}
\fillinrules{Address:}
\fillinrules{Fax:}
\fillinrules{Email:}
\fillinrules{Sample description:}
\fillinrules{Solvent (water/other):}
\fillinrules{Laboratory method:}
\fillinrules{Date:}
\fillinrules{Data collected by:}

\stoptext

The resulting pdf is attached.

Thank you for your help,

Mari

[-- Attachment #2: fillinrules.pdf --]

* Re: Bug/change in fillinrules
@ 2016-03-29 16:09 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-03-29 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Mari Voipio <mailto:mari.voipio@iki.fi>
> 29. März 2016 um 14:13
> Hello,
>
> after I updated to about newest ConTeXt, I found out that \fillinrules
> doesn't work any more as expected, i.e. instead of filling the rest of
> the first line, the rule now starts on the second line, below the text
> that precedes \fillinrules. This doesn't match the behaviour indicated
> in http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/fillinrules . Is this a bug
> or should I change something in my code? Now I have
>

> \setupfillinrules
> [n=1, %one rule per command \fillinrules
> width=broad] %leaves some space between the text and the line
>
> \starttext
>
> \fillinrules{Refractometer serial no:}
> \fillinrules{Customer:}
> \fillinrules{Address:}
> \fillinrules{Fax:}
> \fillinrules{Email:}
> \fillinrules{Sample description:}
> \fillinrules{Solvent (water/other):}
> \fillinrules{Laboratory method:}
> \fillinrules{Date:}
> \fillinrules{Data collected by:}
>
> \stoptext
It’s a \thinrules bug which inserts a line break when you have only a
single line.

\starttext

Left \thinrules[n=1] Right

\blank

Left \thinrules[n=2] Right

\blank

Left \thinrules[n=3] Right

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Bug/change in fillinrules
@ 2016-03-31  6:19   ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2016-03-31  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Darn, a bug. Thank you, Wolfgang. I figured out a workaround that's ok
for now, but of course I hope that in the long run this gets fixed.

Mari

@ 2016-03-31  6:51     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-03-31  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/31/2016 8:19 AM, Mari Voipio wrote:
> Darn, a bug. Thank you, Wolfgang. I figured out a workaround that's ok
> for now, but of course I hope that in the long run this gets fixed.
>

> Mari
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
> <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mari Voipio
>> 29. März 2016 um 14:13
>> Hello,
>>
>> after I updated to about newest ConTeXt, I found out that \fillinrules
>> doesn't work any more as expected, i.e. instead of filling the rest of
>> the first line, the rule now starts on the second line, below the text
>> that precedes \fillinrules. This doesn't match the behaviour indicated
>> in http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/fillinrules . Is this a bug
>> or should I change something in my code? Now I have
>>

>> \setupfillinrules
>> [n=1, %one rule per command \fillinrules
>> width=broad] %leaves some space between the text and the line
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \fillinrules{Refractometer serial no:}
>> \fillinrules{Customer:}
>> \fillinrules{Address:}
>> \fillinrules{Fax:}
>> \fillinrules{Email:}
>> \fillinrules{Sample description:}
>> \fillinrules{Solvent (water/other):}
>> \fillinrules{Laboratory method:}
>> \fillinrules{Date:}
>> \fillinrules{Data collected by:}
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> It’s a \thinrules bug which inserts a line break when you have only a single
>> line.
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> Left \thinrules[n=1] Right
>>
>> \blank