* Alignment/line break in a TABLE cell
@ 2016-05-19  9:37 Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2016-05-19  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a little problem with a table. It works fine otherwise, but in
the first column the box and the number should be on the same line.
This goes right with 3a, but all the other ones place the box on the
first line and the number on the second. Widening column 1 doesn't
help. How do I force the number to stay on the same line with the box?

\starttext

    \bTABLE
        \setupTABLE[r][odd][background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]
        \setupTABLE[r][each][bottomframe=off,topframe=off,rightframe=off]
        \setupTABLE[c][1][leftframe=off,width=2cm]
            \bTR
                \bTD \externalfigure[box3mm] 1 \eTD
                \bTD Pharma refractometer PR-43-PC \eTD
            \eTR
            %
            \bTR
                \bTD \externalfigure[box3mm] 2 \eTD
                \bTD \eTD
            \eTR
            %
            \bTR
                \bTD \externalfigure[box3mm] 3\crlf
\externalfigure[box3mm] 3a \eTD
                \bTD \eTD
            \eTR
            %
            \bTR
                \bTD \externalfigure[box3mm] 4 \eTD
                \bTD  \eTD
            \eTR
    \eTABLE

\stoptext

Mari

PS. I don't think it is relevant here, but my ConTeXt is relatively
new, 2016.04.17.

[-- Attachment #2: box3mm.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: mi_table.pdf --]

* Re: Alignment/line break in a TABLE cell
@ 2016-05-19 10:04 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-05-19 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Mari Voipio <mailto:mari.voipio@iki.fi>
> 19. Mai 2016 um 11:37
> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem with a table. It works fine otherwise, but in
> the first column the box and the number should be on the same line.
> This goes right with 3a, but all the other ones place the box on the
> first line and the number on the second. Widening column 1 doesn't
> help. How do I force the number to stay on the same line with the box?
Put \dontleavehmode before \externalfigure, e.g.

     \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[box3mm]

and in case the number is still moved to the next line because there
isn’t enough space left you can put an unbrakbale space between the
graphic and number, e.g.

     \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[box3mm]~1

Wolfgang

* Re: Alignment/line break in a TABLE cell
@ 2016-05-19 10:45   ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2016-05-19 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

>     \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[box3mm]

This kind of works. The box and the number are now on the same line,
but one of them - the number, I think - is offset and that looks
funny. Is there a trick that'd fix that?

Thanks,

Mari

MWE:

\starttext
    \bTABLE
        \setupTABLE[style=\ss\tfx]
        \setupTABLE[r][odd][background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]
        \setupTABLE[r][each][bottomframe=off,topframe=off,rightframe=off]
        \setupTABLE[c][1][leftframe=off,width=2cm]
            \bTR
                \bTD \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[box3mm] 1 \eTD
                \bTD Pharma refractometer PR-43-PC calibrated with raw
                         measurement data, refractive index (nD) and
temperature (T) \eTD
            \eTR
            %
            \bTR
                \bTD \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[box3mm] 2 \eTD
                \bTD Multichannel user interface (MI) that calculates
and displays
                         the process liquid concentration based on the
refractive index and temperature,
                         installed in a stainless steel enclosure \eTD
            \eTR
            %
            \bTR
                \bTD \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[box3mm] 3\crlf
\externalfigure[box3mm] 3a \eTD
                \bTD PR-7610 Table top standfor Multichannel user interface,
                         contains a set of four screws. \eTD
            \eTR
            %
            \bTR
                \bTD \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[box3mm] 4 \eTD
                \bTD Wall mounting screws kit for mounting the
                         Multichannel user interface on the wall \eTD
            \eTR
            %
    \eTABLE

[-- Attachment #2: box3mm.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: mi_table_mwe.pdf --]

* Re: Alignment/line break in a TABLE cell
@ 2016-05-19 11:00     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2016-05-19 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Mari Voipio <mari.voipio@iki.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
> <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >     \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[box3mm]
>
> This kind of works. The box and the number are now on the same line,
> but one of them - the number, I think - is offset and that looks
> funny. Is there a trick that'd fix that?

\bTD \ruledhbox{\externalfigure[box3mm] 1}  \eTD

the border around box3mm.pdf ?

--
luigi

* Re: Alignment/line break in a TABLE cell
@ 2016-05-19 11:08     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-05-19 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Mari Voipio <mailto:mari.voipio@iki.fi>
> 19. Mai 2016 um 12:45
> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
>
> This kind of works. The box and the number are now on the same line,
> but one of them - the number, I think - is offset and that looks
> funny. Is there a trick that'd fix that?
1. Lower your graphic because it has margins around the lines which
positions it too high.

\definesymbol[box3mm][{\offset[y=.25ex]{\externalfigure[box3mm]}}]

\starttext

\dontleavehmode\symbol[box3mm] 1

\stoptext

2. Use a box symbol which sits lower on the baseline.

\starttext

\dontleavehmode\symbol[square] 1

\stoptext

3. Use metapost to create your own box.

\startuseMPgraphic{box3mm}
     draw unitsquare scaled 3mm ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\definesymbol[box3mm][{\useMPgraphic{box3mm}}]

@ 2016-05-19 11:50       ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2016-05-19 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Wolfgang!

\symbol[square] doesn't work for me, because the inside of the box has
to be white also when on gray background, i.e. I need a box filled
with white. I decided to do what I should've done in the first place
and brushed up enough of my MetaPost that I could create a box with
black outline and white fill (OK, I pinched most of it from the
MetaFun manual...). This seems to work:

\startuseMPgraphic{box3mm_filled}
    pickup pencircle scaled .02cm ;
    path p ; p := unitsquare scaled 3mm ;
    fill p withcolor white ;
    draw p withcolor black ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\definesymbol[box3mm][{\useMPgraphic{box3mm_filled}}]

\starttext

\dontleavehmode\symbol[box3mm] 1

\stoptext

Thank you for your speedy replies!

Mari

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Wolfgang Schuster